6.2.0 PHP 7 errors

Hmm...apcu is enabled they say...but still getting this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function apc_fetch() in /home/store/classes/cache/apc.class.php:172 Stack trace: #0 /home/store/classes/cache/apc.class.php(235): Cache->read('sql.empties') #1 /home/store/classes/cache/cache.class.php(113): Cache->_getEmpties() #2 /home/store/classes/config.class.php(78): Cache_Controler->enable(true) #3 /home/store/classes/config.class.php(97): Config->__construct(Array) #4 /home/store/controllers/controller.index.inc.php(22): Config::getInstance(Array) #5 /home/store/index.php(20): include('/home/xxx...') #6 {main} thrown in /home/store/classes/cache/apc.class.php on line 172

Interestingly, I'm seeing a lot of comments on various threads that APC is no longer being actively developed and alternatives should be used?

https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/php-configuration/install-apc-for-php

It does look like my server supports memcached and redis. Would one of those be a better choice than file?

I can't even get phpinfo to load on the CC sites, but heres one from my wordpress site on the same host.

Capture.PNG

Could it be an issue with my php.ini?

session.save_path = "/tmp/"
register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off
max_input_time = 60
variables_order = "EGPCS"
extension_dir = ./
upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
precision = 12
SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

[Zend]
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so
zend_extension=/home/content/xxx/html/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

My local development environment is PHP 7.2 and it runs like a dream on that too. 

I've got one customer who store doesn't function very well on PHP 7.0 but I think its due to badly configured opcache, switching to 5.6 fixed it but I never got to the bottom of what the actual problems was. W