Customer receiving double emails

lyndsiesal

I've been so tied up with one of my sites that went nuts that I failed to notice that another one of my sites has been sending double confirmation emails for the past few weeks.  Everything seems to be processing correctly but the customer is getting 2x each email that would normally go out once.  I ran a test order and if no payment is involved, one email goes out.  If a payment is made, the emails are doubled.  Anyone else?  Or if anyone knows where to look to figure this out I would appreciate it.  Thanks!

You say, only if payment is made are the emails doubled.

What about the email sent to the admin informing of a new order that was just made?

Please confirm that the emails are doubled as pairs. That is, "Thank you for your payment!", the first copy is sent, no other email gets sent, then the second copy gets sent at the exact same time, down to the exact same second. As opposed to "Your purchased downloads" (if digital), "Thank you for your payment!", then the second "Your purchased downloads", then the second "Thank you for your payment!".

Remind us of the CubeCart version with which you are experiencing this situation.

Ok: 48/50/50 and then 56/56/57 time of seconds mark.

Version 6.1.13?

If the cause was a code snippet or plugin, I would say that all the emails would get sent very nearly at the exact same time. But since the bundles are sent with an eight-second timegap, I'm wondering if the "trigger" for the emails is happening twice.

Such a trigger would be PayPal's IPN. If the response to the IPN notice is anything other than an immediate 200OK, the typical next action is to wait a few seconds and send the IPN notice again.

To determine if this is the case, you will need to examine your hosting accounts' raw web access files. Look for the IPN calls.

You might also want to examine your merchant account's analysis screens to see if it is reporting any issues with getting a 200OK response from your store.

If there is evidence that an IPN trigger is happening twice in rapid succession, you may need to get your hosting provider to check the responsiveness of your site.

7 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Ok: 48/50/50 and then 56/56/57 time of seconds mark.

Version 6.1.13?

If the cause was a code snippet or plugin, I would say that all the emails would get sent very nearly at the exact same time. But since the bundles are sent with an eight-second timegap, I'm wondering if the "trigger" for the emails is happening twice.

Such a trigger would be PayPal's IPN. If the response to the IPN notice is anything other than an immediate 200OK, the typical next action is to wait a few seconds and send the IPN notice again.

To determine if this is the case, you will need to examine your hosting accounts' raw web access files. Look for the IPN calls.

You might also want to examine your merchant account's analysis screens to see if it is reporting any issues with getting a 200OK response from your store.

If there is evidence that an IPN trigger is happening twice in rapid succession, you may need to get your hosting provider to check the responsiveness of your site.

Thank you so much for your reply.  I see the problem but I'm not sure what's triggering it.  I will dig around for the raw access files.  

IPN.jpg