Database Errors

Good Afternoon,

Doing a fresh install of 6.2.  Get past the installer and the admin page and store front loads.  However, If i do a search for the test product, or select the test product from the main store front page, I get a 404 -Page not found displayed and the following error in the error log (one line only):

Today, 15:41    File: [seo.class.php] Line: [659] "INSERT INTO `CubeCart_seo_urls` (`type`,`item_id`,`path`,`custom`) VALUES ('login','','login','0');" - Duplicate entry 'login' for key 'PRIMARY'

The entire error log is attached.

I have searched the forum, and have found some items that are similar, but not quite the same.  Thanks for any insight on how I may correct.

R

error_log.txt

Edited by rnewcomer

The INSERT INTO error shouldn't be related to the 404, but that does need to be looked into.

New to CC620 (if I recall) is the automatic bounce to view that product if only one product is the result of the search. Otherwise, CubeCart shows the search results page.

It may be difficult to determine which product the search returned. But if it can be determined, see if there is an seo_path for that item.

Edited by bsmither

Here's an update....

I'm running on as a virtual machine, so as soon as I get the OS up and running with SSH configured and IP address set static, I export the VM prior to stepping through the install of CC.  When doing the fresh install of 6.2.0, as soon as I access the store, I get the seo.class.php errors of Duplicate entry.  Accessing the test product resulted in the Duplicate entry for a number of documents.

Since I have an export of the VM to the bare bones OS, I scrapped what I was doing and started over installing 6.1.15.  As of an hour ago... no errors and everything seems to be working fine.

I did nothing different in the installation steps.  Kinda gun shy to upgrade to 6.2.0 now.

32 minutes ago, bsmither said:

It's probably a bug in the admin-only ability to clear the cache after an insert.

Please clear the cache.

If you wish, you can log a bug report.

I will if you don't.

Brian,

Just saw your reply as if posted mine above.  I tried the clear the cache to no avail.  Look at my last post, maybe there is a bug.  I don't know how to report it.

Randall

Edited by rnewcomer

This admin-only ability to clear the cache after an INSERT/UPDATE is new to CC620.

There are numerous locations in CC's code that checks the database if something already already exists (a SELECT statement). If it does, then do something else. In this context, the select request should also include the flag to not use the cache. The SEO class lines 654 and 658 do not. There are an unknown number of other locations in the code where this context might not be setup correctly.

Code that creates page links calls a function in the SEO class that makes sure there exists an seo_path for that link's URL. And creating page links happens dozens of times. So, it is no surprise that almost immediately after installing, these database errors happen.

So, here is the update...

After I had an "up and running" 6.1.15 --- I processed a couple of orders and everything was fine, including the search feature.  I got a good VM export, and then upgraded to 6.2.0.  As of this entry, everything is running smoothly.  Not sure what the issue was, but.... there ya go.

Thanks fro the help,

Randall

Well, I seem to have spoken too soon.  I found it odd that I have not received any orders today, so I logged in as a customer and made an order.  After checking out, I hoped to see the order submitted page, but I'm presented with a "404 - Page not found" page.  The order is no there.

I checked the Error Log, I have a singular error in there that appears to be the order (see attached).  The very last line  shows an entry that reads.... "Duplicate entry ' ' for key 'custom_oid'.  Not for sure what this is and am hoping someone can direct me in the right direction.

I have no idea where to begin.  Thanks for any help.

Randall

20180514_error.txt

Please use an external database management utility such as phpMyAdmin. Change the column 'custom_oid' from a UNIQUE INDEX (sometimes called UNIQUE KEY) to a regular INDEX (KEY).

(Just being paranoid, but make a backup of that table first.)

Edited by bsmither

Brian,

Yeah... I did the proverbial "knee jerk".  Took a breath, searched around a little more and found a response from Al (below).  Found the 'custom_oid' in the order_summary table with phpMyAdmin.... dropped it.  Al states it was a bug hungover from the beta.  I have since made two orders (one on network and one off) with a new test customer and have been successful so far.

Thanks for all of the help.

Edited by rnewcomer