Auto Adjustable Software Catalog, can CubeCart do this?

Visuex

I want to launch a software catalog store. The software in the store would be free and premium (preferably via Stripe).

I’d like to have a single entry for an application BUT also have the ability to make adjustments for the type of download based on user preference.

For example:
Let’s say the user wanted to download Firefox. If you go to the Firefox product page it would show you downloads for multiple platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux.

I want it so that the customer/user could make a selection in their account preferences and select “Mac”. Once that selection has been made the results for Firefox would display the Mac download but hide everything else behind a small link for “other platforms”.

Bonus if it could do platform auto-detection.

Can CubeCart accomplish this?

Welcome Visuex! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

This sounds like something CubeCart cannot do as delivered. That is to say, CubeCart code is 100% human readable, fairly easy to understand, and can be extended in a myriad of ways.

There is this:
https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/category-document-security-plugin-customer-groups-security-plugin-for-cubecart

I have seen similar plugins (but lost track of who wrote them).