storefront running the wrong url

peterp

Hi All,

I have this store setup on a localhost and all is fine when I'm working in the admin section, however when I click the storefront tab the system runs the live store front and not the localhost storefront. Is there somewhere that I have missed that has to be setup to achieve the correct storefront to be run. The site is currently running ver 6.2 on windows

Hope somebody can help me

Best Regards

Peterp

It is probably the case that CubeCart still caches a fully built navigation menu (bar or box). You may have managed to copy over that cached file to the localhost. The links in it point to the web address CubeCart was at when the nav menu was built.

If that is the situation, then clearing the cache will cause CubeCart to rebuild the nav menu.

Also, I recommend using a specific set of values for certain keys in /includes/global.inc.php when developing on a localhost. These will override CubeCart's determination of where it is at, being localhost will calculate a few things wrong.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply unfortunately I cleared the cache for the browser as well as for cubecart and also used the tab on the admin screen to clear the cache and it still loads the real website and not the localhost website. I will keep looking as I think there must be somewhere a program or programs that are hard coded with the real website address.

Thanks anyway I appreciate your help

Best Regards,

Peterp

The "Storefront tab" is the link in the upper-right corner of the admin screens?

If you are using Firefox, you can right-click on the link and select Inspect Element. A diagnostic window will popup with the source HTML of that link highlighted.

The source HTML should be:

<a href="index.php" target="_blank">Storefront - <span class="store_open">Open</span></a>

Anything in the .htaccess file that might be causing this?

Hi Brian,,

I unfortunately have to use chrome for this local site as Firefox seems to be unable to connect to the localhost server, however chrome has a similar developer tool and I have found the line that you have mentioned and when I roll the mouse over it the correct url for the storefront is shown. the .htaccess file does have a whole lot of redirects for products which I have removed but still no joy and unfortunately the original implementer of this site has designed his own skin which I think is very loosely based on the foundation skin.

So I guess anything is possible and I will just keep trying to get the localhost going so I can test any changes they might require later.

Thanks for you help again it is appreciated

Best Regards,

Peterp