Re-Captcha - keeps switching off

Since upgrading, any new settings changed in Admin keep reverting back. Is there a way I can stop this happening?

Is this also something related to the "safe settings" option in global.inc?

If so, could a "master switch" be added to the admin section so we don't have to keep making changes to global.inc via ftp?

Edited by vidmarc

Hello, on my side I am in 6.2.0 and I have the same problem, if I rule in invisible recaptcha and I save, I empty the cache, 24h / 48h after the setting this automatically turns OFF

and suddenly I have my guestbook filled with comment of Russian spam.

Working on a supposition...

Do you have CubeCart set to allow visitors to change the skin shown to them?

If so, do you have an alternate skin installed that is not Foundation?

I am looking at /classes/gui.class.php, near line 767. Here, if there is a POST['recaptcha_response_field'], and if the date is after March 31, then CubeCart switches reCaptcha to off.

Russian spam?

I am now working on a theory that spam robots send custom POSTs. The theory supposes that among the POST key/value pairs, the key "g-recaptcha-response" is not present (this is needed for reCaptcha V2 or Invisible (CubeCart recaptcha mode values 2 or 3, see GUI line 741).

Instead, the key "recaptcha_response_field" has been added. Thus, GUI line 767 is executed.

(I am researching for a utility to submit custom POSTs to a web site to test this. Firefox allows for editing and resending a POST, but for some reason, my web browser seems to not be receiving the edited parts of that POST request.)

Try this work-around:

In /classes/gui.class.php, near line 767, find:

} elseif(isset($_POST['recaptcha_response_field'])) {

Change to:

} elseif(isset($_POST['recaptcha_response_field']) && in_array($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'recaptcha'), array(1))) {

Since the Config recaptcha mode is not mode 1 (no longer a choice in CC620), the following code does not execute (that code turns off recaptcha).

Hello, for the moment he has not returned to off. I have the keys 'site key' and 'secret key'. I wait to see if I have ink Russian spam that arrives.

in fact I have users who write in Russian on my guestbook and gives links, their ip addresses indicates Russia.

I put their ip address in security suite tab ip address banned and I wait to see if it's back.
Thank you for your help

I do not yet change the code you specify .. I wait

here today the captcha is toggle off to see capture

1527260633-capture1.jpg

While normally it is set to invisible

and suddenly I end up with messages in Russian on my guestbook

Современная фирма "TVP" больше пятилет производит технологическое перевозимое оборудование для завершения ремонта,а так же строительства очистных сооружений для Газо-нефтедобычи. Такая продукция сертифицирована. Каждый человек в процессе собственной жизнеспособности для отличающихся имеющихся нужд применяет воду. При использовании ее посредственного назначении она загрязняется, изменяется ее состав и физические особенности. Для всего этого и прокладываются очистные сооружения. Очистные сооружения – это набор технологического оборудования для очистки сточных вод, до момента выброса их в чистый водоем. Допускается также их рецикл и вторичноеприменение в инженерных нуждах отличающихся предприятий. В итогеочистки стоков производств в локальных сооружениях предельная концентрация загрязняющих материй понижается, а хранящиеся в их составе нужные компоненты извлекаются. В дальнейшемнадобности воды отправляются на доочистку в общепроизводственных сооружениях. TVP - это специализированная компания, которая устанавливает, проектирует, а также занимается возведением очистительных сооружений для автостоянки. Принимаем заявки на установку, улучшение,конструирование,в любом городе Нашем государстве. Работы выполняются быстро и в установленный срок. очистные сооружения воды - объекты очистных сооружений