Print Order Form Status

peterp

Hi All,

I have a client that is using the print order form gateway and wants to have the status of the finished order to be processing instead of pending, I have changed the gateway-class.php at line 68-69 to be as below

/*        $transData['status']        = 'Pending'; */
        $transData['status']        = 'Processing';

unfortunately this does'nt change the status as I thought it would is there somewhere else I need to change so that the 'print order form' has a status processing instead of pending.

The client is aware that there has been no transfer of funds into there bank account and are aware that will need to control this orders manually.

Hopefully somebody can help me

Best Regards,

peterp

BSmither once sent me the code changes for this.

Try this but make a backup first.

in modules/gateway/print order form/gateway.class.php

around line 68 find:

$order->logTransaction($transData);

Replace this with

//        $order->logTransaction($transData); // $transData may get modified later

around line 255 find:

$GLOBALS['cart']->clear();
        }

}

Replace this with:

/* NEW */
            $transData['status']        = 'FProc';
            $transData['notes']        = 'Forced to Processing. ' . $transData['notes'];
            $order->orderStatus(Order::ORDER_PROCESS, $cart_order_id);
/*     */
            $GLOBALS['cart']->clear();
        }
/**/        $order->logTransaction($transData); // $transData may have been modified earlier
    }

Edited by keat

Hi Keat,

Appreciate your response I will try this in the next couple of days, unfortunately I'm on the road and won't be able to implement these changes until Friday my time. This client has the admin settings set to when the status is set to 'Processing' emails will be sent and they will have an order notification set to admin, I'm guessing that once this modification is implemented then they will  recieve these emails as though it was a normal order.

Thanks again very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Peterp

That was indeed my bugbbear with 'Print Order Form'

We had to have orders email at pending because POF never progressed beyond that stage.

Email at pending is flawed in the respect that the customer can go back and change his order after the cart has sent admin an email.

The cart doesn't send another email after the click through..

This was causing confusion in the office when a customers cart didn't match his payment.

We have a large number of credit account customers who use POF.

Since that small code change about 2 years ago, we now have orders to email at processing, and the issue with basket changes has now gone.

Edited by keat

HI Keat,

I have implemented the changes you have suggested and it works like a treat unfortunately now the customer is getting 2 confirmation emails, could these code changes have caused this to happen as it wasn't happening before the changes. Where should I be looking to try and limit this to only 1 confirmation email

Thanks for your help very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Peterp

The POF has an admin setting that will send a courtesy email to the customer.

When the order goes to Processing, CubeCart sends a somewhat similar email to the customer.

So, if you are wanting keep the hack that has the POF to move the order to Processing, try setting the POF to not send the courtesy email.