Canada Post Extension

thall

Hello,

I am new to CubeCart and installed 6.2 and I have started setting up a new store (www.canadiancollector.ca) and I have added the Canada Post extension as well as the PayPal Standard extension.  

As part of the setup it asks for a Merchant ID, so I sent an email to Canada Post requesting for one and got the following response.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Canada Post web services.

The Sell Online program will be decommissioned in the near future, and as such we are no longer creating new accounts.

The Web Developer program has been developed to replace and enhance the offerings of Sell Online.

Not only will your customers be able to choose the speed and cost of delivery, but our APIs will simplify the entire purchase process for both you and your online shoppers. With web services, you can:

- Automate the printing of shipping labels

- Let customers track purchases directly from your website

- Allow shoppers to print return labels from your site

- Give shoppers the option to have purchases delivered to the Post Office of their choice- near home, the office or the cottage

To get started with web services immediately visit:

Join the Canada Post Developer Program now.  Or take the Developer Program tour.

If you have questions about how our web services can help you sell more online, call us at 1-866-511-0546 or email us at [email protected].

Since they are no longer going to provide a Merchant ID and I have looked into the new Web Developer program and it requires an API username and API Password to be input for communication to the Canada Post server to retrieve rates.

I am wondering if there are plans for this module to be changed to allow for the new API (which uses REST or SOAP) and if so how long this might take?  I am in Canada and I will be selling to Canada only so Canada Post module is a MUST for me.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Archived