AddThis show visits have massively dropped since upgrade

vidmarc

I'm not sure - sorry. I do know you can see what cookies are in use with FireFox by clicking on the i in the circle to the left of the padlock in the url. Follow the arrow on the right to show connection details. Click on More Information and there will the list of all cookies. Test it with cookies enabled, close out all sessions and cache, and try again with cookies disabled. Maybe you can tell which cookies are disabled when the customer blocks.

You should be able to then Google for those disabled cookies and see what they go with. Hopefully then you would have some way of seeing past and present use of that plugin, service, etc. in some kind of report from that service.

There's probably some very easy way to do all that, but that's all I know how to do.

I thought you may find this of interest: https://www.attacat.co.uk/resources/cookies

I've found a number of cookies on our site, of which I have no idea how they got there. The only plugins I have activated are:

AddThis

By Weight

NoChex APC

Could the buttons I'm specifiying in the AddThis plugin allow those icons to add cookies?

facebook_like

facebook

twitter

pinterest_share

tumblr

Google Analytics No 3 3 Google Analytics uses this cookie name. Not exactly phone tapping
AddThis Yes 8 3 Most likely you've got some sharing buttons on your site. They are watching your users but they do have a facility for you to opt-out of their cookies that you might want to do (see http://www.addthis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25437). They may also be setting media6degrees.com cookies by your site as well.
DoubleClick No 2 4 Uh oh - is your name Ernst Stavro Blofeld? You gonna have to get consent for this advertising network. May not have an HQ in a crater but they do do banner ads etc. Make sure you know if you are doing remarketng or not (either through DoubleClick or their owners Google as remarketing needs serious consent.)
Session Yes 1 1 Probably a session cookie. Sugar and spice mostly but in the hands of SPECTRE, who knows - discuss with your developer
YouTube No 4 3 Looks like you know how to embed YouTube videos. That's Google so care required (did you know they have a cookie free version?)
Your Own Yes 2 ? Have a cuppa, chat to your developer.
.vimeo.com 3rd 1 ? Have a cuppa, chat to your developer.
.google.co.uk 3rd 1 ? Have a cuppa, chat to your developer.
.bluekai.com 3rd 1 ? Have a cuppa, chat to your developer.
.semasio.net 3rd 1 ? Have a cuppa, chat to your developer.
.bluekai.com 3rd 1 ? Have a cuppa, chat to your developer.
.mathtag.com 3rd 1 ? Have a cuppa, chat to your developer.
.mathtag.com 3rd 1 ? Have a cuppa, chat to your developer.
.crwdcntrl.net 3rd 1 ? Have a cuppa, chat to your developer.
.w55c.net 3rd 1 ? Have a cuppa, chat to your developer.
.w55c.net 3rd 1 ? Have a cuppa, chat to your developer.
Edited by vidmarc

After a bit more research, it seems some of those cookies were coming via embedded YouTube videos.

To get around this, change the YouTube urls from:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/xxxx

to this:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xxx"

Despite all this, I still haveven't managed to find out why AddThis is reporting that site visitor levels have dropped.

I believe it's due to the placement of the AddThis link. It is now at the bottom of the product page. Previoulsy it was below the Add to Cart button.

How can I move it back to where it was in Blueprint?

Edited by vidmarc