"Copy from Billing Address" not working correctly.

seasurge

Since upgrading to version 6.2.0 I have the following problem when manually creating a new order: I enter the billing address and go to the Delivery tab. Here, I click "Copy from Billing Address" and I get a new tab on the browser open up at the "Create New Order" first screen, whilst the original tab stays where it should, but the address fields are only copied as far as Country - the County and Postcode fields are not copied whether or not they exist on the Billing page.

The problem occurs on Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge browsers. Anyone able to help with this?

Thanks for the fast reply, but that issue isn't quite the same as the issue I'm having. As I mentioned, my issue occurs whether or not the County and Postcode fields are present in the Billing Address, whereas the issue you refer to specifies that it happens when the State (County) field is empty.

I've tried the changes to the file on my installation and it has no effect.

Thanks, D-B, but it's not that either. My issue occurs with a brand new customer as well as a pre-existing one (my test "customer"). When I've manually added the rest of the Delivery Address and look at the customer's address screen I see the two separate addresses and when I look at the test customer's address screen I see the single "Billing/Delivery address" as described by Al... but that's more relevant to your issue than it is to mine!

I stopped manually creating orders when the ability to login as a customer was provided. I just login and pretend to be the customer and take it all the way to payment - which leaves it as Pending.

Have you tried it that way to see if it's any different?