Site Document - title still displaying in browser title

vidmarc

I can't see it. did you clear your browser cache ?

take that back, yes I can.

in the browser title, not the actual web page.

Check the SEO tabs sections of your homepage.

Edited by keat

How far do you want to go?

In admin, Store Settings, Search Engines tab, Meta Data Behaviour, set to "Disabled (Use global only)". That should stop all individual meta data from showing up.

If you want to have CubeCart respect the document's "Hide Title" setting to also hide the document title in the browser header bar (even though the document's Meta Title text entry field is blank), we need to make a small code edit.

You say the Add/Edit Document Search Engines page content is blank? Text entry fields are empty, or there are no form elements at all to fill out?

15 minutes ago, bsmither said:

In admin, Store Settings, Search Engines tab, Meta Data Behaviour, set to "Disabled (Use global only)". That should stop all individual meta data from showing up

This seems to have fixed it. Thanks :)

17 hours ago, bsmither said:

In admin, Store Settings, Search Engines tab, Meta Data Behaviour, set to "Disabled (Use global only)". That should stop all individual meta data from showing up.

That is a seriously bad idea from an SEO point of view - at best you are now going to have duplicate meta title and descriptions for every single product, category, document etc which Google and other search engines will hate and complain about.  Sledgehammer to crack a very small nut which is likely to seriously hurt any search engine rankings the site will have

Ian

OK, I agree, wil change it. I thought the reason for "Hide Title" was for it to actually hide it. It's a pity it still displays as part of the website title, even when supposedly hidden.

Do I need to manually add META data for every product, or does "Merge Data" automatically use the product details as the META info?

Edited by vidmarc

I have a stock install of yesterday's 6.2+ commit with Replace Global Meta Data with a different title than the Document Title. I left seo meta data alone. Document is set to not show, but it does. There is no line through the Document in Admin the way it used to be at some point.

I'll be right back with the results of the wrong SEO title of the Document when I clear browser cache. Ah, it did NOT change the tab title of the browser. I'll try it again with a different seo meta data with different SEO title. THAT did change the browser Tab Title. But it does not cross out the Document title in Admin. Nor does it get rid of the Document Title in storefront.

Edited by Dirty Butter

(I've bookmarked the recaptcha discussion and will see if mine reverts in a few days with stock Admin and Foundation.)

On the Document issue - did you EVER see the line through the document with it not showing on the storefront? My plushcatalog store is 6.1.15+. It does have some of the early commits from 6.2.0. I remember seeing the line through the homepage document in Admin at some point in testing and the document not showing on storefront. It no longer behaves correctly on that, but I don't normally use it and hadn't noticed.

3 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

On the Document issue - did you EVER see the line through the document with it not showing on the storefront?

re: line though title. It works so far as it doesn't display the actual title on the homepage itself, but the title still appears - before the site title - in the browser header.

Also in the breadcrumbs and in the list of documents (at the bottom of the page in Foundation) - but not the Homepage document.

So, is your actual request to have CubeCart honor the setting for Hide Title (on a per document basis) to apply to the Meta Title?

Give some thought to entering a custom Meta Title that is more appealing to you. Such as "Welcome to Nucleus Films".

Or, since you want to hide the HomePage document title, assuming because it reads "Coming Soon! and not appropriate, give some thought to changing its title to something that is more appropriate. (But keep the Hide Title setting.)

Edited by bsmither