Intranet Server Issues

Hello Everyone.

Ive setup an old box as an intranet server running Ubuntu 18.04. Ive also installed lamp, php, mysql and mariadb. I next created a db for cubecart and was then able to install cubecart v6.

I can log into the cubecart admin page, setup store settings, add products, add payment plugin, surf the intranet shop, add products to cart by just clicking on "Add to cart" if a product is listed as a "Latest Product".

My problem is if I want to go in to the product and see a description, I get the following error page:

" The requested URL /shop/fanclub/fanclub-01.html was not found on this server.  Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.1.131 Port 80"

Have i missed something, or would it be a problem with missing software from setting up Ubuntu ?

Thanks

Phillip

CubeCart v6 relies on the "friendly URL" concept. As such, at some point that friendly URL needs to be rewritten or re-evaluated to some other format.

CubeCart relies on the web server's .htaccess extension directives having to do with URL Rewriting (mod_rewrite).

If the .htaccess file in CubeCart's main folder has rewriting directives, then the next step is to make sure the web server has config settings allowing for directives in the .htaccess file to override general web server settings. Please read the documentation for the web server regarding ALLOW OVERRIDES.

OK........

bsmither thanks for the reply, kind of helpful, was way over my head, but at least it pointed me in the right direction.

Did a google and the second link led me to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18740419/how-to-set-allowoverride-all

I did the following :

Open Putty and log into Ubuntu Server

sudo nano /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

<Directory /var/www/>
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Require all granted
</Directory>

and change it to;

<Directory /var/www/>
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride All
        Require all granted
</Directory>

Save and exit file

sudo service apache2 restart

sudo a2enmod rewrite to enable module rewrite.

sudo systemctl restart apache2

Ive now retested my intranet site and it works now. So thank you, thats another piece of great info that I can add to my "Howto" guide.

Phillip

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone.

Dont know what I did, but I had to reinstall cubecart (latest version) onto my 1&1 host site. Deleted old database and created a new one, setup cubecart, and now Ive setup shop and added products.

But what Im getting is kind of the above issues that I had with my intranet, but now on my web hosting site. Ive added a box set to a section (blue ray), and gone through all the options, but the page isnt being displayed.

Also when I upload artwork I get a network 500 error and the page shows the artwork hasnt been uploaded. Clearing cache and refreshing seems to do the trick, but in my artwork folder list no artwork is being listed ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Phillip

my website shopfront is at www.elvis-online.co.uk/shoponline

Clicking on Movies > Blue-Ray doesnt show up despite adding Game of Thrones Season 1 boxset.

Update.

I can log into my admin page, but I now dont get any page listed when trying to see my shopfront, no index no nothing. Would anyone have an idea of where I could look ?

Thanks

Phillip

Archived