Cookie text and toggle missing

robertbell

Just upgraded from 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 -- did we lose the setting to enable or disable the cookie warning? Wasn't it on the features tab of store settings? I had the cookie warning enabled on sojourner.biz, but now all I see when arriving with a cookie-less browser are accept and block buttons with no text explaining what is (are?) being accepted or blocked.

image.png.e6f4f3a03c8632d140d641957e66c059.png

We need to check on a few things:

* Using an external database management utility, view CubeCart_documents. There should be a column named 'doc_privacy' with a default value of '0'.
* In admin, Documents, there should be a column in the table for "Privacy".
* One of those documents must be selected to be the "Privacy" document.
* In the file /language/definitions.xml, in the "notification" group, there must a phrase for "cookie_dialogue".

Let's check on these items first, then proceed if nothing above needed attention.

3 hours ago, bsmither said:

We need to check on a few things:

* Using an external database management utility, view CubeCart_documents. There should be a column named 'doc_privacy' with a default value of '0'.

Check

* In admin, Documents, there should be a column in the table for "Privacy".

Check

* One of those documents must be selected to be the "Privacy" document.

Was not. Is now.

* In the file /language/definitions.xml, in the "notification" group, there must a phrase for "cookie_dialogue".

Yep.

Let's check on these items first, then proceed if nothing above needed attention.

Happier now.  But is there still a switch to turn the question off? If so, where?

image.thumb.png.e03ee918ed315160381cdf3953e68206.png

• 3 months later...

In the skin template file box.eu_cookie.php, make this edit:

</form>
</div>
{/if}

To:

</form>
</div>
{/if}{debug}

When you next ask for a page, your browser will want to show a popup window.

That window will show all the variables assigned to Smarty when this template is rendered.

In the left pane, look for $COOKIE_DIALOGUE_TEXT and verify the value assigned to it. If there is an empty value or null, or the variable isn't present, we need to look elsewhere.

No it's in Caps

For your information. I have this problem by a couple of webshops, the are updated from older versions. But when I install a new fresh version, I have this problem not.

So I have look to the differents between, but with no results

• 3 months later...

Please examine the names of the files and folders where CubeCart is installed.

If you have more than one folder that has admin as its name or the start of its name, then you may be executing a version of CubeCart's administration code that is not the latest version.

Also check in the admin, Customer List, for the presence of a "GDPR Tools" tab.

Archived