Export / Import

DarwinUK

Hello Again.

I have an online shopfront with a nice large database of items for sale.

I have now got an intranet server running and have installed cubecart on the intranet server, and it runs brilliantly. Id like to export the database from my online shop and import to my intranet server shop. Would

https://support.cubecart.com/knowledgebase/article/View/216/42/how-do-i-move-my-cubecart-store-from-one-hosting-account-to-another

be the way to go forward ?

Thanks

Phillip

You can export out of the intranet and back in to the new store using PHP MYadmin.

If you have PHP MyAdmin on your intranet server (you will probably have it on your internet one), I can try and explain the process.

It's not difficult.

Hi Keat.

If you can do an idiots guide for me to download from 1&1 cpanel, or whatever panel you need, and then import into the cubecart on my home server. Now you mention phpmyadmin, I will have to check to make sure its install on my server.

Thanks

Phillip

It's not difficult, but real easy to get yourself flustered and confused as to which server/database your'e working with.

so.................Backup, backup, backup.

Open PHP MYadmin on the site you wish to export. In the left column, highlight the correct database.

In the large column (right), along the top choose the operations tab and make a copy of the database (copy database to), and give it a new name.

Copy the database and structure.

I like to give it the same name but append '_copy' to the end.

To save making any schoolboy errors, lets play with the copy.

Back to the left column and highlight the newly copied database to show all the tables.

In the large section again, you can arrange by Rows.

If all you want is the stock inventory, then the tables you want should be high up the list, anything really to do with category, inventory, and options.

Alternatively, just scroll through the list and click the checkbox on anything that mentions inventory, options and category.

Make a note of the table names, write them on a scrap of paper.

Right at the bottom is a drop down box, find that and choose export, save this as an sql or CSV.   I find sql best.

Importing is similar. 

On the server you wish to import into.

Backup, backup, backup. (as above)

Only this time we want to work on the database, not the copy you just made. (we made this just incase we mess up)

ITS IMPORTANT THAT YOU MADE YOUR BACKUP AS THE NEXT STAGE IS IRREVERSABLE

The list of tables you scribbled down, click the checkbox against each one, find that drop down box and choose 'drop'

In the tabs along the top, choose the import tab, and import the sql file you exported earlier.

Any issues, you can use the operations tab to rename the backup you just created.

Ive logged into 1&1, gone to phpmyadmin, selected the correct dbase, got as far as naming the backup dbase  <Name_copy> and Im getting this error

1044 - Access denied for user <dbase name> to <dbase name_copy>

Over on the right hand side is "Copy database to:" and then underneath is a load of boxes
Structure only
Structire and date
Data only
Create db before copying
Add drop table
Auto increment
Add constraints
Switch to copied db

The ones that are auto selected are Structure and Data, Create DB and Add auto increment. So I entered the db name of the db I wanted followed by _copy, hit "Go" and got the error message

In all fairness you could still export the data without making a backup, i'm just being over cautious.

I'd be interested to understand why you can't copy the database though.

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2018 at 8:25 AM, keat said:

In all fairness you could still export the data without making a backup, i'm just being over cautious.

I'd be interested to understand why you can't copy the database though.

Perhaps the user rights not set properly?

Archived