Product Info Tab

bsmither,

Thanks...I will give it a go and let you know. 

I have a description (via admin panel) for all my products. I have no Idea as to why when they click the image link on the home page it only brings up a large picture and an "add to cart" link.  I would love to figure that out.  My image is not too large, as I checked that via other forum entries.  So, to answer your question- yes, my intent is to have each corresponding product link on the homepage go to the appropriate category page that describes the products.

FYI... I am crash coursing in Foundation, JS, & PHP, refreshing my CSS and HTML skills to better sort through how Cubecart works is under the hood...maybe (if I am lucky I can pay it forward to others here on the forums! )  Thanks!

Jim

Bsmither,

You are correct about the the code - it is the only way I could get the specs tab to disappear...The product info tab was empty and so as I have indicated it was not useful, if we can make it useful (have product info appear without the specs) - that would solve all my issues with this page... 

Bsmither - thanks for your efforts...I am going to try to sort it out myself...as I have wasted enough of your time...may move on to another e-commerce platform as there seems to be no solution to my issue and I want the user experience to be easy and seamless on my site...now can to get Fedex to work on my site :(  Suspect my skills are not up to Cubecart needs...'

regards,

Jim

Can not get Fedex to work...worked with Fedex this morning to set up the api acct...plugged in provided info...cleared cache...anyway Cubecart seems to be too much for me!

If you can start with a stock copy of the template content.product.php, we can work to hide just that which you don't want.

In admin, Error Log, System Error Log tab, there may be entries with what problems FedEx is having.

bsmither,

Thanks...so the "hits" keep on coming...some of them of my own making of course...

First no error log entries

Rechecked all my settings/entries for each extension in case something broke :)

I unchecked all of the shipping extensions, re-cached, reloaded my site.  It took them all away ...fine...rechecked them all, re-cached, no change still no Fedex

also I was looking on the forums (regarding Fedex not showing up.  Suggested I looked in the index.inc.php and it shows a warning:  "Warning: SOAP is required for the FedEx shipping module to work. Please contact your server administrator.");

I did that (inMotion) & loaded the SOAP under the cPanel PEAR php section.

Cleared my site cache, cleared the browser cache as well...now only a part of UPS is showing....no other shippers...

Removed the SOAP from InMotion cPanel.....reloaded the site...still nothing...going backwards... so there's that...

I am certainly willing to try a stock copy of the content.product.php  just not sure I am clearly identifying for you what I am looking to do... Thanks

Getting frustrated if you couldn't tell...

Jim 

In admin, Manage Extensions, what version is showing for FedEx?

The FedEx extension version 1.0.5 has some diagnostic functions that will show failure reasons when CubeCart's Debugging is enabled.

To enable CubeCart's debugging, in admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, enable debugging and enter your IP address in the adjacent field (www.whatismyip.com).

The debuuging data will show at the bottom of each page, and the FedEx diagnostic messages will show at the bottom of that.

so looking at the error log:

[Warning] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/FedEx/shipping.class.php:258 - FedEx Error: Authentication Failed

Besides tons of other errors (238 to be exact) mostly due to undefined tax.index inclusive....

copied/pasted examples:

select_all.gif Check/Uncheck all With Selected:     Mark as Read    Mark as Unread      
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php:1640 - Undefined index: tax_inclusive
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php:1640 - Undefined index: tax_inclusive
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php:1738 - Undefined index: gateway
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php:2124 - Undefined index: base_folder
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php:1743 - Undefined variable: list_checkouts
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/USPS/shipping.class.php:167 - Undefined index: class_id_30
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/USPS/shipping.class.php:167 - Undefined index: class_id_31
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/USPS/shipping.class.php:167 - Undefined index: class_id_62
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/USPS/shipping.class.php:167 - Undefined index: class_id_63
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/USPS/shipping.class.php:167 - Undefined index: class_id_44
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/USPS/shipping.class.php:167 - Undefined index: class_id_29
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/USPS/shipping.class.php:167 - Undefined index: class_id_38
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/USPS/shipping.class.php:167 - Undefined index: class_id_42
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/USPS/shipping.class.php:167 - Undefined index: class_id_40
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cart.class.php:975 - Undefined index: tax_inclusive
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cart.class.php:975 - Undefined index: tax_inclusive
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php:1626 - Undefined index: free_coupon_shipping
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php:1602 - Undefined index: coupons
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php:605 - Undefined index: billing_address
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php:637 - Undefined index: delivery_address
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php:638 - Undefined index: delivery_address
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cart.class.php:812 - Undefined index: billing_address
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cart.class.php:812 - Undefined index: billing_address
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cubecart.class.php:1602 - Undefined index: coupons
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/FedEx/shipping.class.php:184 - Undefined index: line1
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/FedEx/shipping.class.php:184 - Undefined index: line2
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/FedEx/shipping.class.php:185 - Undefined index: town
Today, 18:27 [Warning] /home/oldeto7/public_html/modules/shipping/FedEx/shipping.class.php:258 - FedEx Error: Authentication Failed
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/cart.class.php:407 - Undefined variable: stock_warning
Today, 18:27 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/classes/gui.class.php:1219 - Undefined variable: random_product
Today, 18:26 [Notice] /home/oldeto7/public_html/admin_A7Hyio/sources/settings.index.inc.php:163 - Undefined index: path
18 Jun 2018, 19:55 [Exception] /home/oldeto7/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:163 - Unable to load template 'file:templates/box.featured.php' in 'templates/main.php'
18 Jun 2018, 19:55 [Exception] /home/oldeto7/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:163 - Unable to load template 'file:templates/box.featured.php' in 'templates/main.php'
1 2 >  14 [View All]

We can ignore all the undefined indexes and undefined variables. When CubeCart is in debug mode, all these Notices get logged. When not in debug mode, only the critically important errors get logged.

So, we are looking at the System Error Log. "Authentication Failed". This may happen if you used your mouse to swipe/copy codes from an email or web page. Doing a mouse swipe/copy invariably catches a white-space character (new line, tab, space). Please try to manually type the codes directly into the text entry fields. Save. Clear Cache.

You might also give some thought to restoring the box.featured.php. Instead, in main.php:

Find:

{include file='templates/box.featured.php'}

Change to:

{* include file='templates/box.featured.php' *}

This format is Smarty's comment statement, will not be executed, and will be removed from the final output.

Bsmither,

Thanks for hanging in there with me...the shipping portion of the shopping cart now works - just need to clean up the (shipping) choices as I have too many checked and it will confuse the customers :)

Will be adding a PayPal Icon (button) next to text on the page as well.

The featured side bar (now my bullet text area) is about set...will be editing some styles.

The only other issue (for now) is redirecting  the links on the home page to the correct product description page (either 1lb or 4oz) as needed...

as I indicated above:

when the customer clicks the image ( a link) on the home page it brings up a large picture and an "add to cart" link.   How can I better describe what it is I am trying to do?  Thanks! 

Open Foundation's template content.product.php in a programmer's text editor.

There is this original code:

<dl class="tabs" data-tab data-options="scroll_to_content:false">

Change to:

<dl class="tabs" data-tab data-options="scroll_to_content:false" style="display:none;">

There is this original code:

<div class="content{if empty($PRODUCT.description)} active{/if}" id="product_spec">

Change to:

<div class="content{if empty($PRODUCT.description)} active{/if}" id="product_spec" style="display:none;">
Already in your template, you have this:

<div class="tabs-content" style="display:none;">

Change to:

<div class="tabs-content">

I am looking at this page: oldetownecoffeeroastery.com/sumatra-sampler.html

So, for this product, in admin, Products, edit this particular product. On the Description tab, enter some text. Save, Clear Cache.

Check for that text's presence on that product's storefront page.

There may be just a bit more tweaking.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2018 at 9:33 AM, bsmither said:

Scroll to the phrase key 'product_info'. Click once just immediately to the left of the text entry box and the box will become editable. Change the phrase to what is desired and Save.

I've seen this behavior when I need to edit a stock CC phrase in v6.2+. BUT on the same version FireFox handles edits of a plugin language phrase within the box, just as one would expect. Doesn't that mean this is a bug in CC somehow, not an issue with FireFox?

I am going to argue this is intentional. Although, why the reason doesn't apply to "modules" is sketchy.

It was discovered that at some version of CubeCart, if Save was clicked on a group listing of phrases, the entire group of phrase expressions was databased and not just the ones that got changed. The problem created here is that databased expressions overrule whatever may be in language files - including the master 'definitions.xml' file. So, if an expression gets changed (a spelling error) in a later version, the databased expression (still misspelled) continues to be what gets shown.

There is code in /admin/sources/settings.language.inc.php that discriminates between language Definitions (language pack "groups") and module strings. Definition expressions get a 'disabled' flag if the expression from the database matches the language pack expression.

This test does not exist for the "group" associated with a module's language file - even if it got databased.

I do not know if not making this test for module language groups was an oversight. The end result is the entire module's language file gets databased if Save is clicked, even if nothing got changed.

The "disabled' flag is used to make the text entry field 'disabled'. This solved the problem of databasing whole groups of phrases because disabled form elements do not get POSTed.

You cannot click into disabled form elements. But you can click the "label" portion of the form element (the <label> tag holds the phrase key). Modern browsers consider the entire label and element input as one thing, provided the for attribute is used. That is, the HTML has the <label> stretching from the phrase key all the way to the left edge of the text entry box (or radio button, checkbox, drop-down selector, etc), then the actual text entry field form input element. All of that can be clicked on, but not the element part if the element is disabled.

Bsmither,  

Returned from a few days off...made changes as you indicated and text did show up on the Sumatra Sampler ...only partially and out of place but it is there... :)  Thanks!

Move text to right of Image under add to cart button? Just glad it appear there :)

Archived