SEO help

Hi I am looking for someone to do some basic SEO mangagement on my site.

This year my site has fallen off Google and is not being indexed at all it seems.

I have just upgraded to the most recent cubecart 6.2.1 and have a new responsive skin.

Recaptcha 2 is enabled.

Google analytics enabled.

I have registered with google search console.

I have web security app enabled with Go Daddy hosting.

There are a few indexing errors showing for the sitemap and a message about soft 404.

www.steringcharms.co.uk

15 hours ago, Jackus said:

www.steringcharms.co.uk - This year my site has fallen off Google and is not being indexed at all it seems.

I assume you mean sterlingcharms.co.uk as the domain above doesnt exist.  sterlingcharms.co.uk only has the homepage indexed with no other pages which generally means either a penalty of some sort or the rest of the site is being blocked possibly by directives in robots.txt but these should be fairly obvious via Search Console

15 hours ago, Jackus said:

There are a few indexing errors showing for the sitemap and a message about soft 404.

It depends of what the errors are and while you should fix 404 errors, these will only have a very tiny effect on your SEO, not what you are seeing here. I will drop you a PM so you can contact me via our website and happy to take a quick look for you.

Incidentally, if you are still running under PHP 5.3, then you need to get that upgraded to at least 7.1 and ideally 7.2

Ian

• 4 years later...

Sorry to hear about your website falling off Google. It sounds like you have already taken some important steps like upgrading your platform, enabling Recaptcha, and registering with Google Search Console. To address your indexing errors, I would suggest checking your sitemap to make sure it is updated and submitting it to Google. You can also use the "Fetch as Google" tool in Search Console to see how Google is crawling your site. If you are still having issues, it may be worth considering hiring a local SEO service provider to help with more advanced optimization techniques.

Edited by kostadinmo

• 1 year later...