white screen after php upgrade

carey

Hi! 

I just moved to a new server. my old server was running php 5.4, the new is running php 5.6
now my cart went to a blank screen (front & back end)

what do I do? Please help!

here is my htaccess file:

#AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php
php_flag register_globals On

# php -- BEGIN cPanel-generated handler, do not edit
# This domain inherits the “PHP” package.
# php -- END cPanel-generated handler, do not edit

Are you also not able to view your main site - the WordPress installation?

So, the "new server" could be running PHP as a FastCGI script (aka "CGI mode") as opposed to a web server module. If so, the errors in .htaccess are relevant - these command are not allowed.

If PHP is running as a web server module, then perhaps the web server config has no statement to AllowOverride. This is necessary so that many commands in .htaccess are understood and will be put into effect.

You will probably need to get your web hosting company involved in solving this technical issue.

Also, the latest several versions of CubeCart have renamed /admin.php to admin_aBcDeF.php (random letters). You will need to discover what the true name is of CubeCart's administration script.

Also, that log is the web server's error log. PHP will be logging to its own error_log. Personally, I do not know if the web server, coming across an invalid command, will be justified in sending a 500 Internal Server Error (the "white page") or maybe just skip over that and try to run the PHP scripts anyway.

Archived