Description Tab

Upuna

Once again I find myself in a bit of a dilema I am uploading products to my site and when it comes to the product description I enter the information and all is well.  But when I look at the store front in the brief description I see code but when you click on the item it is the description.  Now this does not happen every time but only on random products.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong for this to happen. i have tried deleting and the re entering but the same thing happen.  so I deleted the description totally and saved so that when you open store front the code is still there in the short description  but once you click on the product there is no description.  For the life of me I don't know what I am doing wrong.  Any suggestion please on how to stop this happening? Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 10.29.26 AM 850x502@1x.jpg

When uploading, does the uploaded file include the product's description_short? The description_short is used only on the View Category list_mode page (also sales and searches, and even though the data is available to any template that wants to use it).

Is the product's description_short coming from a word processor? Was it copied/pasted into a CSV file to be uploaded?

The wierd contents are CSS rules, and while the product's description_short can contain HTML style tags, they are stripped out if the description_short is longer that the Product Precis setting in admin. It looks like that is the case (as evidenced by the final ellipsis). So, the accompanying <style> and </style> tags are being removed, leaving the actual CSS style rules visible.

Archived