Havenswift Hosting

ZOOM47

We have no problems on any of our servers currently and have had no issues in a long time !  This sounds like it may be a firewall block but our own website is on a dedicated server with no client sites at all.

If you cannot see our website and therefore not log a support ticket, PM your name, website details and your IPv4 and IPv6 addresses (http://ipv6-test.com/) and I will check for you

Ian

I've run the Windows Network Diagnostics and it comes up

The DNS server isn't responding -  Detected.

Everything on my pc seems to be running fine apart from my connection to Havenswift and my own website.

Not received any PM from you - you can also try reaching your own site and our site, so you can log a ticket, by using a mobile 3G / 4G connection.  This could be a firewall block but it is unlikely that you have managed to get yourself blocked on two different servers so it is more likely to be an issue with the DNS servers being operated by your ISP - testing using a 4G connection will almost certainly work and prove that.  You could simply try rebooting your router which refreshes the built in cache

Ian

Sorry - I don't know what PM means.

I've tried rebooting the router but that has made no difference.

I can't connect to either my own Penworkshop website or Havenswift by mobile phone or PC.

Everything was working perfectly yesterday and the only thing I can recall doing since is delete browsing history.

PM = Private Message but that isnt so important any longer as I dont believe this is a firewall block

1) Have you tried connecting using a mobile 4G connection - that will almost certainly work showing the DNS issues are with your ISP / router

2) Have you tried following the suggestions given by Brian above, especially changing which DNS servers your PC uses.  This is probably set to use your ISPs DNS server IP addresses and it is MUCH better to use Google's public DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).  You would be surprised how often even big ISPs (your internet supplier) have DNS server problems but Google's are extremely reliable

it sounds like you have a local network issue, "DNS" looks up the IP address of the server based on the domain name, if your DNS server, or your internet provides server isn't working correctly then it will cause a problem.

Try setting your DNS server to 8.8.8.8, the google one and check :)

1 hour ago, havenswift-hosting said:

Actually even switching DNS servers doesnt solve the problems - it does by-pass the issues that Talk Talk are having with their DNS servers BUT connections then still timeout.  This is a known problem with the Talk Talk network and is documented on their status page

Ian

I am with TalkTalk and am having the same issue today, where do I find the TalkTalk status page that documents this problem?

All access should now have been restored for Talk Talk customers.  The explanation I have been given is that as part of some scheduled “maintenance” last night, they introduced a new scam website filter but as well as some legitimate scam websites, they included every single website (some 4 million I have been told) hosted within data centers run by UK2.  Talk Talk were aware of the problem by at least 9am so why it took them so long to sort this is anyone’s guess !

Ian

Archived