admin page not found

chrisg

Hi,

after some time not using and logging in to CubeCart admin page of our shop the link to the admin page does not work and we don't get email about orders.

customers can put items to the cart and check out but we cannot use the admin portal to do anything. I know the link changed from /admin.php to /admin_xXxXxx.php but it does not work anymore.

thanks

Christian

You should check the name of the actual admin_xxxxxx.php file and ensure it is the same as recorded in the includes/global.inc.php file (also check the admin_yyyyyy directory in the same way.  Users doing upgrades incorrectly have caused mismatches which can create this issue.

Store emails are a completely different issue - check the settings in the Store Settings | Advanced tab

Ian

thank you for the very fast reply.

the admin_xxxxx.php file is the same as it is in the includes/global.inc.php but the directory admin_xxxxx is not the same.

do I need to rename the directory to the same as the admin_xxx,php file?

The folder name and the php can be different.

Just change the folder name entry in global.inc.php to match the actual folder name.

if you ftp globalinc,php off to modify it, then I've found occasionally that i'll have to rename the original file, otherwise it wont ftp back up.

3 minutes ago, keat said:

The folder name and the php can be different.Just change the folder name entry in global.inc.php to match the actual folder name.

It doesnt matter which one you rename, as long as they are the same - the more important issue, is how they got to be different as it probably means a partially failed upgrade so you probably have a mix of version files

3 minutes ago, keat said:

if you ftp globalinc,php off to modify it, then I've found occasionally that i'll have to rename the original file, otherwise it wont ftp back up.

Permissions on global.inc.php should always be 444 meaning it cannot be overwritten as this is a security issue.

The folder name in global.inc.php matched the admin_xxxxx folder name, but I renamed both to have the same name for the folder and the admin_xxx.php. 

Now I get instead of "page note found" a blank page.

The last time I updated the shop was in May and since then I did nothing as everything worked fine. 

did the admin side work ok in May ?

When you modified global inc, did you accidentally remove any quotation marks.

$glob['adminFile'] = 'xxxxxxx.php';
$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin_xxxxxx';

No the quotation marks are in place. Yes in May all worked fine. My co worker told me he accessed the admin page about one week ago and it was fine.

within this week we did nothing and now it does not work.

Thank you very much up to now.

Assuming you have ftp access.

In the root of your store ie public_html, create a new file named ini-custom.inc.php

Inside this paste the following code.

<?php
# Custom initialization commands
# Filename: ini-custom.inc.php
# File location: main CubeCart folder

ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
ini_set('max_execution_time', '60');
ini_set('error_log', 'error_log');
ini_set('log_errors', 'on');

?>

Try to log in again.

Check the root folder again, and see if an error log file was now created.

The error log may give some indication as to what's going on.

did you try my suggestion regarding ini-custom.inc.php

actually , the last line should say on.

<?php
# Custom initialization commands
# Filename: ini-custom.inc.php
# File location: main CubeCart folder

ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
ini_set('max_execution_time', '60');
ini_set('error_log', 'error_log');
ini_set('log_errors', 'on');

?>

I think it may be a problem with the webspace. I cannot create new folders. when I want to upload the setup folder I get an error. And I cannot create folders anywhere.

I will keep you informed what 1&1 is saying to this.

thanks a lot to all of you.

finaly I did find the root cause of the problem.

Our provider 1&1 Germany does not only restrict the amount of data but even the amount of files is restricted to about 260.000 and this amount has been reached.

After deleting some files I could copy the update files. After startig the update process from 6.2.0 to 6.2.1 now there are about 250.000 files less.

Is it possible that this large amount of files filled up the cache folder? when trying to backup the store yesterday it took very very long to backup the cache folder.

Is this folder cleaned up by the update process.

thank you again very much for helping me and to sort out the problem.

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

Although there have been a couple instances reported where the cache folder had an absurd number of files.

Never seen that on any of the many hundred sites we host / manage and can only think that it is a hosting / permissions problem but impossible to tell from the information that was provided - cache now works extremely well in 6.2.X

Archived