Cubecart and Majento

DarwinUK

Magento is a PHP based application just as CubeCart is and so you could run then together if you really wanted to as long as one is in a sub-directory.  However, Magento is a MASSIVE application (and complex to learn as well as maintain - even patches are extremely complex !) and tough on server resources so if you are planning on running a live site, then it isnt advisable. A live Magento site generally requires a small dedicated server even for a relatively non-busy site.- we have a small number of Magento clients running on very large servers in what we call semi-dedicated hosting where we have 2 to 4 sites per server, geographically spread so clients almost get the benefits of a dedicated server without the costs and hassle.

Hello Havenswift.

Just for the record, Im absolutely impressed with cubecart, dont have any problems and have been impressed with the fact that cubecart looks so easy and small time, but once you start using it you find that its just as good as the big boys. Ive got my own shopfront using cubecart and dont intend to swap.

I was looking at the possibility of using majento to setup a takeaway food shops online ordering system. They dont want to go to justeat, as justeat charge too much, so this shop wants it "inhouse". Obviously there needs to be sub options when ordering product A, like size and whether the customer wants all salad, or salad no onion etc. So I was going to setup majento on my site to try and figure it out, and let the shop see a running test before installing on their own host.

But does cubecart allow for sub selections, IE what size pizza, and if you order that type of tee shirt, then select the size etc.

Thanks

Hello Al.

Totally mean it, five stars. I had issues before but that was due to 1and1 being unhelpful pratts. Maybe 1and1 staff could come work with you or havenswift hosting for a couple of weeks, learn how to NOT read from a script and how to give proper support.

Correct me if Im wrong, but dont you guys do this forum support for free ?? And its in the hope of a company buying licenses etc ?

By the way, heard youve become a dad, congrats. Is it your first ?

Phillip

4 minutes ago, DarwinUK said:

Maybe 1and1 staff could come work with you or havenswift hosting for a couple of weeks, learn how to NOT read from a script and how to give proper support.

Correct me if Im wrong, but dont you guys do this forum support for free ?? And its in the hope of a company buying licenses etc ?

Thanks for the compliment and everyone answering questions on the forum do it for free and because we want CubeCart to be successful - Al no longer has licence revenue so those of us working around CubeCart do rely on small payments for things like support / hosting / skins and plugins - all of which are pretty cheap !

Many people believe that you need to move to a "Big" package such as Magento or Shopify as your site grows but this definitely isnt the case - we have several customers with multi-million pound turnovers running on CubeCart.  Also while E-Commerce is getting harder and harder (and you do have to work at it - long gone are the days when you could just open any old store and earn quite a lot without doing anything), with Cubecart setup correctly you can still build up a site from nothing to a large turnover.  Again we have several clients that were doing €500 per month a couple of years ago, then €3000 18 months ago and are now doing €25000 per month and still growing - in industries that many would think saturated.

A couple of hours looking at Magento will amaze any CubeCart user and nobody would ever complain about the odd bug, a slightly complicated method of doing something or upgrades lol

You got that right about majento. I looked at it a couple of weeks ago and the menu options in the admin part confused me.

But the technical question. If I sell a white tee shirt, can I have a drop down menu for size within the tee shirt main page ?

Thanks

Phillip

Anything can be done in CubeCart with some programming preferably via a plugin - as standard CubeCart cant do that but this plugin from @Noodleman would probably do what you want https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/absolute-matrix-option-prices-price-list-hide-out-of-stock-matrix-options if not out of the box then with a few tweaks

Archived