All kinds of fatal errors

lyndsiesal

My site was recently upgraded.  Everything was working as planned until I sent out some marketing and the site went down under heavy traffic.

Fatal error: User xxx already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /xxx/xxx/public_html/shop/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 38

I contacted my hosting company to see if there's a setting or something to increase connections.  I have a dedicated server so I thought "no problem", right?  

Wrong.  I don't know what this guy did but all of a sudden it's a coding issue that they can't fix and these are my new errors.

Admin:  Fatal error: Class 'Cache' not found in /xxx/xxx/public_html/shop/controllers/controller.admin.pre_session.inc.php on line 17

Shop index:  Fatal error: Call to a member function display() on null in /xxx/xxx/public_html/shop/index.php on line 22

I have a tech support plan but it's the weekend and I am desperate to get my site back up!  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.  

Quick update.  I have nothing nice to say about my hosting company's tech support.  Instead of clearing my cache files, he deleted the cache directories.  I have gone through each folder of my store and compared to a clean copy of cubecart and replaced the deleted cache folder.  Back up and running for now and am confident Al can figure out what happened with the initial connection error.  Goodness.  

I would assume with a dedicated server, you would have a dedicated database server on the same server box.

But if you are connecting to a shared database, then allotting a certain number of active connections could be a thing.

However, as you say, you got some heavy traffic. That would explain the higher than normal number of connections to the database server. That setting, if you have your own database server on your server box, can assuredly be adjusted for an absurdly high number.

That said, CubeCart 6 really wants to use cached queries. Still, there will be queries that cannot be read from the cache folder. There will still be a connection to the database server for each visitor coming to your site.

It's 6am here and my day off. I left the store in a working state.

What happened is that the traffic pushed the store over the available resources provided by the hosting company. The hosting company then broke the store.

As soon as I can get to a computer I'll get this fixed for you.

Archived