White screen during checkout using gateway

jasehead

Thank you - I can undo my clumsy workaround.

No subscription during signup at checkout followed by subscribe after address/shipping update works OK - through to gateway with no WSOD.  First name and surname in CubeCart mailing list and sent to MailChimp OK.

Subscribe during signup at checkout - through to gateway OK but still no first name or surname in CubeCart mailing list (so email address only sent through to MailChimp).

No PHP Errors in the error log.

@bsmither Only your first suggestion worked.  The second resulted in a page that hanged for a few seconds, white screen of death, and this error in the site error log:

PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8960 bytes) in /home2/mysite/public_html/mystore/modules/plugins/SFWS_Mailchimp/hooks/class.newsletter.subscribe.php on line 108

(line number would be approximate because I have original code commented out rather than replaced)

The first suggestion worked because the probable result of the test at line 11 was a 'false'. That is, the User class is not, in fact, instantiated, so the 'if-true' block of code does not execute. (Need to determine if line 108 is inside the 'if-true' block of code.)

So, now the question I have is: at 128MB allowed for PHP to run in, what has consumed so much of that memory that an additional 8K bytes exhausts it? Unfortunately, finding the answer to that would require diagnostic tools that a shared hosting provider would probably not permit to be installed.

I think that exploring the plugin in more depth is probably up to the plugin developer. Your first suggestion allowed the plugin to function without blocking the payment gateway - that's a huge improvement.

There is still the CubeCart issue of first name and surname not making it to the CubeCart mailing list for new customer signup during checkout.  The "Register" page works OK, but registration at checkout doesn't.

Also, I see in the table CubeCart_newsletter_subscriber that some entries have a "validation" code like 51edf897c51348103717f4e05d8578e8 where others are NULL.

NOTE: By CubeCart Mailing List I mean the list that can be exported from (in 6.1.14 admin) Newsletters > Export Mailing List with format:
{$EMAIL_ADDRESS} <{$FIRST_NAME} {$LAST_NAME}>

It's not clear to me where CubeCart is pulling this data from, so not clear why First Name and Last Name are not available for entries made during signup at checkout.

The missing first name/last name issue happens when a guest agrees to create an account during checkout (in 6.1.14 anyway).  The customer is being added to the CubeCart_newsletter_subscriber table with a customer_id of zero, which is the same as if they were signing up just using their email in the subscription box.  So is the signup at checkout using the wrong process (basic newsletter signup instead of register signup)?  Or maybe executing too soon, before the new customer has been signed in properly?

Is there a way to get CubeCart to add the correct customer_id number to the CubeCart_newsletter_subscriber table rather than just a zero?

• Get signup during checkout to use the Register process rather than the newsletter subscription box process (if that's the problem)?
  • If the customer_id is zero then, instead of matching the customer_id, fall back to matching the email address instead and getting title, first name and last name that way (eg. for mailing list export)?
  • Verify subscribers by email address and update any with a customer_id of zero to their actual customer_id?

Archived