Crashing dashboard everytime I click Save on store settings

kano56

I dont even know where to begin to get it to stop crashing.

If I make a change to the email settings under advanced or I change the timezone when I click save the page crashes and dashboard is down for 2-3 minutes. Then it recovers. I have an email error within the error logs. I dont even know where to start to try and get this to stop crashing. I really dont want to do a complete site rebuild. 

Just the Dashboard, or your entire site?

Recovering in 2-3 minutes suggests that the web server actually crashed (not necessarily PHP) and there is a mechanism on your hosting environment that auto-restarts the web server.

In your hosting account control panel (Cpanel?), is there a tool to view general errors? If not, your hosting provider should be able to look in their logs for your hosting account.

I meant:

When you say, "dashboard is down for 2-3 minutes," I mean to ask, is your whole site down (no pages delivered), or are you able to get any other page (like the storefront Homepage), just not the admin's Dashboard page?

Still, contact GoDaddy and ask if they have any information what may be causing this problem.

If the problem is that the web server has a module that scans the incoming data from a form submission, and this data causes a problem, re-installing CubeCart isn't going to fix that.

It's unfortunate that there is no means to discover what the actual error is. (Assuming you have followed the instructions to have PHP log to its error_log.

9 hours ago, kano56 said:

They're useless and told me to contact you guys. Im just going to have to delete the whole App and reinstall it and rebuild my site. 

It could be a firewall block caused by mod_security violations - however, their support should easily be able to see that but "useless support" is not an uncommon reaction when dealing with them - try moving to a better hosting company that actually cares about their customers !

Archived