Sitemap issues

John v

I currently have over 400,000 products in my store and have been trying to get them on Google but without much success.

Problem is that I created a sitemap which took quite a while so assumed everything was OK - but the final file contained only two pages - /index.php and /index.php?_a=saleitems - so pretty pointless submitting this!

Can anyone shed any light on why my products aren't appearing in the sitemap please?

Regards.

rebuild the sitemap, then download the sitemap compressed file from your store and validate it's content. it's possible you hit a memory limit of timeout error when building the sitemap, so if the map is empty, cross reference PHP error logs for related information-

The following error appears and no sitemap is being generated at all:-

"PHP Warning:  Stored session data did not match DB record. Session aborted as possible session hijack."

The file referred to in the error is "/classes/session.class.php on line 706"

Any clues?

Your latest issue has nothing to do with the sitemap problem from your OP and can pretty much be ignored.  It simply means that for that user, something has changed in their session data - if you read the whole message and compare the two records, you will see what the difference is.  It could be that the IP address changed or the browser was different in some way.

You have a much bigger site than the vast majority of CubeCart users who generally have terns, hundreds or maybe a few thousand products so the sitemap creation is always going to take a VERY long time and almost certainly you are hitting some form of hosting account resource limit.  We never recommend using the built in sitemap generator and many of our clients use a third party piece of software that we resell called XML Sitemap.  This is a fantastic bit of software that is also pretty cheap and can be run via cron (so no need for you to remember to do it daily / weekly etc) can be configured with a huge amount of different settings from excluding certain patterns of urls, to throttling the crawling process so it doesnt overuse resources and it can also create image sitemaps (very important alongside the normal url sitemap) and also video, mobile, news sitemaps as well if required.

Regarding "Stored session data did not match DB record.".

This will likely show that the version of the web browser changed.

* I understand that Chrome could get upfated without your knowledge or consent, sometimes several times a day. (Maybe that's an exaggeration.)

* Some browsers have a "do not track/profile me" feature that will randomly change the User-Agent string to a random string of some other type of browser.

CubeCart does not like this.

Archived