6.1.1 to 6.2.2 Upgrade Problem

I have tried an upgrade and found that there are problems on the upgraded website eg recaptcha not working, not possible to select a country in the checkout process. Restoring grom a back up  also produced an error message. I used softaculous to upload 6.22 and then the standard cubecart set up followed.

Both the upgrade and the restore from back up produced this  error message - 

`name` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_config' table! in ......../classes/db/database.class.php on line 914

I am hoping that the upgrade will be successful if I can sort out the problem in the error message. Can anyone help me with this?

Hi

The problems that you encountered with recaptcha and in the checkout process after the upgrade will be due to the fact that you are using an old, incompatible or at least not upgraded skin.  That can be solved by using a V6 compatible skin that is upgraded regularly or (more complicated) upgrading the skin yourself.

The other issue can be caused by a number of reasons but is usually due to an upgrade / restore issue where you have probably got a mixture of files from different versions and / or you havent run the database upgrade - it is fixable but it is difficult to say exactly how without knowing more information or seeing your store

Ian

`name` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_config' table!

This happens usually when the CubeCart code is trying to access a table that doesn't exist, or the database server is refusing the connection from the code.

Since you say the setup succeeded, we must assume that, at least during setup, your site was able to talk to the database server.

But, for some reason, now the database server is not wanting to answer queries - either because of user/password issues, or the targeted database has a table prefix where the qeries are not using it, or v.v.

Archived