Clear Cache Every-time

Dawson-PS

Hi Quick question since updating to 6.2 everything we edit a document , add a product etc we have to clear all the cache for this to show on the website. we are using the e-shift template will this be sorted in future updates 

Regards 

Callum 

This release has a clear cache on demand tool which significantly optimises the caching system and lowers server load. This means that inventory or configuration changes made in the admin control panel will not be reflected on the front end of the store until the "Clear Cache" button is clicked. This can be found at the top right hand side of every page of the admin control panel. We very much appreciate that this may be seen as an unwelcome new feature but the technical significance is worthy. Unless you have a critical change to make we suggest clearing the cache habitually at the end of each admin session. If the cache is not cleared it may take up to 24 hours for your changes to show. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2018 at 4:15 PM, havenswift-hosting said:

"Clear Cache" button is clicked. This can be found at the top right hand side of every page of the admin control panel.

I don't have this button. Instead I need to go to maintenance, check "clear cache" and click submit. Is there some option I need to activate to see this button?

1 minute ago, Emil said:

I don't have this button. Instead I need to go to maintenance, check "clear cache" and click submit. Is there some option I need to activate to see this button?

This was introduced in 6.2.0 so if you think that you have upgraded to this or a higher version, then it means that the upgrade hasn’t been completed correctly - a very common problem

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem. After updating to 6.2.4 the 'clear cache' button disappeared. I have since reinstalled and updated to 6.2.5 but the button still isn't there. Any idea why that might be?

T

Probably exactly the same reason - it is likely that you havent completed the upgrade correctly and have a mix of versions. Check how many versions of the admin directory and file you have and compare that against what you should be running and then ensure that directory and file are actually from 6.2.5

Archived