Clone Site problems

roryt

Hi Guys

I have a cubecart 6.2.2 site which I am attempting to clone both the donor and recipient sites are on 6.2.2. The recipient site is a fresh install to which I have uploaded the skins and images directory from the original site. I have downloaded the DB from the original site and the deleted the db on the new site and copied in the db from the existing site. Thats where the problems begin regardless of what skin is being used the catagories and products from the original site do not appear, in fact the only change that can be seen is the copyright notice on the footer. Looking at the database in maintainance I have a string of errors but cannot see how moving the DB between identical sites should cause such errors. Can anyone point me to what i'm doing wrong?

If you are sure that the CubeCart file /includes/global.inc.php has values for the correct database, then clear the cache.

Although the admin does not use the cache - so if admin is showing the test contents of a freshly created database, the likely problem is the global.inc.php file.

But you say the fresh database has been replaced by a copy of an existing database.

Does the copy of the existing database have names of tables that have a prefix? pre_CubeCart_inventory.

Hi

So I downloaded both includes/global.inc.php files and as you suspected  they were somewhat different.

So I altered the global.inc.php file for the recipient site to mimic the entries for the donor not the actual relevant information but the $glob entries. added information such as cub_ which was not present and then saved it and uploaded it after a couple of false starts due to syntax errors (my ability to code is rubbish) it now appears to be working. Thank you very much for your input.

Regards

image.png

image.png

Archived