Two-Fold ?: Removing Java and 2 public_htmls?

Anne202b

I am currently using CubeCart V4.3.3. (eventually will upgrade to V6...different topic)

1) I have a 'peel mod' that uses Java. I'd like to get rid of it, but haven't been in my files in a while and am rusty.

Can I safely delete 'just' the public_html/peel file or do I have to go into another file and delete code? Inspecting the top right corner of my site gives me some info but I don't know exactly what to delete. What file do I find the code?

2) Is it normal to have a public_html AND a public_html;; folder? I just noticed this in my FTP program. Can I dump the one with ;; after it? I have no idea why it's there.

Thanks in advance, 

A~

www.cactusandcoyote.com

Is there anything in the public_html;; folder? What is the timestamp on that folder versus public_html? If so, you may need to get some advice from your hosting provider. Personally, I do not know if a folder having trailing semi-colons means anything.

You will need to delete code.

Go to /store/skins/BlueVibranceCC4/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl and find and delete:

May not be exactly as follows--
<script src="{$STORE_URL}/peel/peel.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I can't find any other mention of 'peel' in the code.

Thank you, bsmither! That worked. One thing down....now trying to figure out how to upgrade to V6.

Re: 2 public_html files....JustHost said their techs made a backup of my site the other day (when we were trying to figure out the SSL problem); hence the 2nd public_html. They said I could just delete it.

Re: SSL problem....Funny thing...when I type https://www.cactusandcoyote.com, I get the wrong color background, no logo, lost links/photos to 'latest products'. BUT, when I start clicking on categories, even on HOMEPAGE, it takes me to my correct website. I just don't get it. Anyway....thanks again.

A~

Archived