ugc. domain name

philippagreen

I have many of the Cubecart V6 web sites but on only one there is this odd thing happening to the domain in the browser bar.  I don't know when it happened but it's only been brought to my attention today and I suspect hasn't been happening all that long.

ugc.domain name appears in the browser bar if you click on the home page house icon on the navigational bar but not if you click on the word home on the breadcrumbs bar.  Once the extra wording of ugc. before the domain name appears you can still navigate the web site fine but it doesn't disappear unless you remove the extra bit of wording in the browser bar.  It will only then reappear if you click on the house icon for home but not if you click on the wording for home on the breadcrumb bar.  

So instead of the browser bar reading www. domain name .co.uk it reads ugc. domain name .co.uk 

I can't find any thing on this on the internet and none of my other web sites on the same version have the problem, even one I built at the very same time.

Did this installation ever have ugc as part of the web address?

If so, ugc may be part of the pre-rendered and cached Main Navigation bar. CubeCart constructs an HTML-complete Main Navigation bar to save time constructing it over and over. Unfortunately, that cached HTML snippet may contain the complete web address of the store used to make the page request when the Main Navigation was built immediately after having cleared the skin cache.

Clear CubeCart's skin cache (admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab), then inspect the URLs of the Main Navigation and the Breadcrumbs.

Archived