vidmarc

Product still available to order with minus stock level

Other than "Allow out-of-stock Purchases", there is also "Hide out-of-stock Items".

Please keep in mind that if CubeCart has a session open for a logged-in admin, there is more seen on the storefront than otherwise enabled.

If all this seems to be configured correctly, yet negative stock levels are still not being respected, we may need to do some deep-level diagnosis.

I had "Allow out-of-stock Purchases" checked so I can list upcoming products as "pre-orders".

Is there a way to allow pre-orders and not allow out of stock purchases?

The product isn't available to ship until a certain date. Thank you for the plugin link :)

But otherwise this item could be purchased? "Allow out-of-stock Purchases" enabled?

And your intent is to allow it's sale, but prevent it's shipment? If so, would not a simple advisory in the item's description about delayed shipping suffice?

Ideally the add to cart button would instead say "Pre-Order" - just like amazon.

The item could be placed in the shopping basket (so to speak), but not paid for, and also not shipped, until it becomes available?

We'd need the items paid for in advance, and then we'd ship them on the release date (Blu-ray discs in this case)

Edited by vidmarc

I see. Then the 'final' solution would be creating some sort of indication to the customer of "pay now, shipping happens whenever". That indication being:
* the Buy button showing some key phrase
* an advisory in the product description
* something else
* and give the product's expected shipping date
that will trigger this indication based on some setting associated on a per-product basis - a 'flag', as it were.

Using the stock level is not desireable as the settings that affect availability based on stock level is applied globally.

Sometimes I use an otherwise unused product property, such as the JAN Code, as the flag/date.

On 8/26/2018 at 6:25 PM, bsmither said:

Sometimes I use an otherwise unused product property, such as the JAN Code, as the flag/date.

Interesting.

Can you give a practical example of how one might use this as a "flag"?

Bring a product up for editing. For the JAN text entry field, enter a date in this format: 2018-11-22

In the skin template element.call_to_action.php (or content.product.php depending on the skin):

Find:

<button type="submit" value="{$LANG.catalogue.add_to_basket}" class="button postfix">{$LANG.catalogue.add_to_basket}</button>

Change to:

<button type="submit" value="{$LANG.catalogue.add_to_basket}" class="button postfix">
{if $PRODUCT.jan}
Pre-Order: {$PRODUCT.jan|date_format}
{else}
{$LANG.catalogue.add_to_basket}
{/if}
</button>

Thus, if the 'jan' property is not empty, the text on the Buy button will be a phrase to indicate this product will ship on that date.