Robot not working

LaniS

My customers are telling me that the verification robot (sorry, I don't know the proper term), isn't working. To be honest, I didn't even realize that my website had a robot on it since I don't buy from myself. I don't feel that I should have to pay for this to be repaired. Can someone help me with this, please?

An image or a site url is always helpful but this sounds like your site is using the old and now deprecated V1 Google reCaptcha - Google withdrew this a few months ago and as such it isnt really a CubeCart issue.

The solution however, depends on what version of CubeCart you are running and also what skin you are using.

If you are running a recent version of V6, then you need to go to your Store Settings, Features tab and switch to ReCaptcha V2 or Invisible - CubeCart is coded to work with both of those.  Next you need to click on the "google" link and using a Google account, get yourself a set of keys (get keys for Invisible as that also works for V2) and enter them in the correct fields.

Then you need to ensure that your skin is compatible with these new methods.  If you are using Foundation, any of our skins or "some" of the other V6 skins (not all have been updated) then this work will already have been done.  If not, then there are various issues such as https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/1546 and others which detail the changes that are needed. If you are running a V6 skin that hasnt had these changes made, suggest to ask the developer to upgrade.

If you are running V5 or older then you can try and retro-fit the code or you can switch reCaptcha off but this risks getting lots of spam registrations and spam contact form messages being sent. A better option would be to upgrade

Ian

Archived