Adding 'ex. vat' next to price

rubbish

Hello all,

I'm new to Cubecart and want to modify the display so that each price has a small text string next to it saying 'ex. vat'.

By modifying some files in the skin's templates folder, I have been able to get it sorted for Featured Products box, Latest Products box and the category display list.  Each of these now has the price with 'ex. VAT' next to it. However, I cannot get this working on the Best Sellers/Popular box or the main product display page, despite modifying what I think are the correct files (box.popular.php, content.product.php) in the same way. 

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Welcome rubbish! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Please keep in mind that CubeCart (Smarty, actually) caches compiled template code. Edits made to any template may or may not be immediately seen.

If you plan to make numerous edits and other things, perhaps it will help to have CubeCart disable it's cache. In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, set Caching to Disabled.

For the View Product template, the Foundation template puts the product's pricing in element.product.call_to_action.php. The content.product.php template will also have the product's Quantity Discounts table (shown if the product has this configured), and will show the price for one item, as well as the price each for multiple items.

Thanks a lot bsmither, that got me there. The element.product.call_to_action.php did the product display and I found somewhere in the GUI.class file that allowed me to change the best-sellers box price display.  Thanks for your help :)

Archived