Need help installing CubeCart6.2 on x10Hosting

Masanja

I spoke about it in this topic here 

https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/receiving-error-from-creating-e-commerce-help.205731/

http://nilevalleyriver.x10host.com/ is the site I'm setting up but it keeps coming with this error:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/nilevall/public_html/classes/db/mysql.class.php:36 Stack trace: #0 /home/nilevall/public_html/classes/db/mysql.class.php(63): Database->__construct(Array) #1 /home/nilevall/public_html/controllers/controller.index.inc.php(20): Database::getInstance(Array) #2 /home/nilevall/public_html/index.php(20): include('/home/nilevall/...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/nilevall/public_html/classes/db/mysql.class.php on line 36

I am using PHP 7.2 at default settings and it isn't working. I don't understand no matter which PHP version I try it doesn't seem to work and I am using it only at default settings I believe. Somebody please aid to my assistance immediately.

I just want someone of knowledgeable
experience to help a despaired beginner to redeem a functioning website successfully. 
I really need the answer to this and why it's happening?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/nilevall/public_html/classes/db/mysql.class.php on line 36

CubeCart wants to talk to a database. Fortunately, PHP has commands and functions that let this happen.

PHP can be configured to talk to a database using mysql or mysqli (note the i). This is accomplished by examining your hosting setup, the PHP configuration. You will want to enable MYSQLI (note the I). While here, also enable ZipArchive, MBString, GD, and CURL if not already.

My question is, how far have you made it in the Setup sequence?

Step 1 is to verify if certain capabilities of PHP exist and are enabled -- database access is one of them.

This is good. The /setup/ folder is not there, so we can assume the script installer loaded a fully functional instance of CubeCart.

Also, mysqli is enabled.

But CubeCart is wanting mysql, which is not a valid option in this hosting environment.

So, I need to ask, please view the file ini.inc.php. Near line 54, find CC_VERSION:

define('CC_VERSION', '6.2.1');     // Version Number

What exact version has been installed?

I believe it has to be a later version. The admin folder and script names have that hash at the end.

Also, when I visit this web address: nilevalleyriver.x10host.com, I get a simple "Index of /". This is not right, even if CubeCart is installed correctly.

Archived