reducing size (height) or rows in product lists

Hi,

I am amending the 'content.category.php' page and I am trying to reduce the height of the rows for what concerns the 'row product_list_view'.

I have successfully changed its content but I would like to reduce it as much as possible to be able to show as many products as possible.

Where should I look to do that ?

The page I am referring to is http://www.preserving-football-history.net/world-cup/jules-rimet-cups.html

Thank you, as per usual, for your directives.

Regards,

Pippo

Here is a hack that works around the problem of Foundation's .panel class having padding:1.25rem. The .panel class is applied tot he <form> tag which is used in both the .product_list_view and the .product_grid_view.

We are only interested in the .product_list_view, while not affecting the .product_grid_view. That would require somehow applying a style to that particular node that has as a child the .product_list_view class.

jQuery has a nice selector that gives us $(".panel:has(.product_list_view)").css( "padding","0" );. But this is javascript and, while it is do-able, let's stick to CSS.

So, that leaves applying a negative margin to .product_list_view to counter-act the .panel's padding.

Near line 70, find:

<form action="{$VAL_SELF}" method="post" class="panel add_to_basket">
            <div class="row product_list_view">

Change to:

<div class="row product_list_view" style="margin: -1.25rem 0">

There is a bit more we can do to reduce the interval spacing.

Hi,

what can we do to remove the interval spacing and remove even more the height of the box or what concerns the row product_list_view ?

As you can see at http://www.preserving-football-history.net/world-cup/jules-rimet-cups.html

I have all the content over two lines but there is still plenty of space under in the same box and a lot of space between products .

I have already reduced the margin to -1.50 but after that it starts overscanning the content out of its box. Can the content be centered ?

Thank you for your help,

Pippo

style="margin: -1.50rem 0"

Let's try this. Restore the edit you made as detailed above.

Find:

<div id="ccScroll">
   <ul class="small-block-grid-1 product_list" data-equalizer>
      {foreach from=$PRODUCTS item=product}
      <li>
            <div class="row product_list_view">

Change to:

<div id="ccScroll"><style>.row.product_list_view.panel{ padding:0;margin-top:-1rem; }</style>
   <ul class="small-block-grid-1 product_list" data-equalizer>
      {foreach from=$PRODUCTS item=product}
      <li>
         <form action="{$VAL_SELF}" method="post" class="add_to_basket">
            <div class="row product_list_view panel">

Find:

<div class="product_grid_view hide">

Change to:

<div class="product_grid_view panel hide">

(The spaces just after and before the braces enclosing the CSS rule parameters are required.)

Your template code probably looks like:

<div class="small-4 columns">
  <h6>
    <a href="http://www.preserving-football-history.net/cisco-webex-room-kit.html" title="CISCO Webex Room Kit">CISCO Webex Room Kit 2-2</a>
    <br>
    <p>another short description</p>
    <br>
  </h6>
</div>

with the link, title, and description being the respective placeholders.

The description editor (CKeditor) will put paragraph tags around the description text - nothing you can do about that - and that adds just a bit of space.

But you can try to reorganize this code to be:

<div class="small-4 columns">
  <h6 style="margin-bottom:0.1rem;">
    <a href="http://www.preserving-football-history.net/world-cup/jules-rimet-cups/cisco-webex-board-70.html" title="CISCO Webex Board 70"">CISCO Webex Board 70" 3-0</a>
  </h6>
  <p>Final</p>
</div>

Put only the link and title in the <h6> tag and remove the <br> tags.

Background color? Of the detail row? That is, the "panel" CSS class? The following affects all panels:

You can add that rule to cubecart.default.css:

.panel { background-color:inherit; }

Thank you, all sorted now. I actually used "

margin-bottom:-1rem;

and it fixed the space issue. Exactly what needed. I fixed the background-color and I wonder how to implement alternate rows colors. I tried with : 

tr:nth-child(even) {background: #CCC}
tr:nth-child(odd) {background: #FFF}
in cubecart.default.css with .panel. Is this possible at all in css ?

Archived