Page that PayPal sends customer back to?

Dirty Butter

In the PayPal gateway class file, we see:

'notify_url'	=> $GLOBALS['storeURL'].'/index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal',
'return'		=> $GLOBALS['storeURL'].'/index.php?_a=complete',
'cancel_return'	=> $GLOBALS['storeURL'].'/index.php?_a='.$cancel_return,

where $cancel_return is "confirm".

The "complete" page is where CubeCart finalizes any Order Summary activity (including plugins and snippets), empties the cart, etc.

Maybe. The "_a=complete" URL is what CubeCart's PayPal gateway tells PayPal to display as the link to send the customer back.

There is also (or so I've heard) a setting in your PayPal Merchant Control Panel where you can specify the URL on the PayPal transaction page to display as the link to send the customer back.

I do not know which takes priority: the value passed to PayPal from CubeCart's PayPal gateway, or the setting that may be present in a PayPal Merchant Control Panel screen.

So, examine all your settings at PayPal to determine if there is an established value for this function.

There IS a place in PayPal to set the return url AND I already had it set to //dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog/index.php?_a=complete.

It's just weird that the customer returned to the page I showed in the post, but I cannot figure out how they got there.

I guess I'm going to have to make a fake PayPal account and buy something for a penny. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived