V6.1.15 To V6.2 Skin Updates

Hi, I'm so looking to see if anyone knows or is there any post on what are the skin changes needed in the v6.2 upgrade. Example I'm running the zoho template which I see has been removed from the marketplace. I'm currently running the V6.1.15 since I haven't had any luck trying to find what are the skin template changes that are mentioned to make the upgrade of the V6.2xx to work when not using the foundation skin.

Any advice would be much appreciated since I would like to upgrade to the V6.2XX version, but I would really like to keep my current template.

Thank you in advance for any heads up if possible.

Eddie

You could use the GitHub list of code changes for Foundation to see what was changed there. Then you could try making comparable changes to your skin. you would definitely need to backup your skin before attempting it. The more recent commits have a lot to do with "beaurifying" the code - that means really the only difference is where the spacing and length of lines is - not really code changes. Sorry, but I'm not skilled enough to give more specific directions.

Hey there guy's Dirty Butter and Bsmither,

How are you guy's doing? Hope well along with loved ones. I haven't been on here in a while, but I do thank you guys always for so many years of us all always trying to help eachother and share our knowledge. I will keep my eye out for Bsmither reponse, that's the true cubecart geek lol....

Thanks again guy's..

Eddie

Hi,

This is the reason that I'm so looking to find info on what are these skin changes, because of this note below that's on the update.

6.2 Release Notes - Please Read!!

* These features will require skin updates if you do not use the default "Foundation" skin from the 6.2 release.

Still here searching, but can't find nothing that mentions anything about these required skin updates. I'm dead tired it's a little over 1:00am here and I've been working on this all day lol.. Guess I'll check back regularly to see if anyone post some heads up or info.

Thank you!

Eddie

Still working on the code change summaries.

In that Release Notes article, the marked features are:

GDPR: more elaborate and compliant cookie notice and acceptance

Minify/Compress: Smarty now has a post process that strings together all the CSS into one file, all the javascript into one file, and squeezes all the spaces out of them and the HTML.

States: Countries that have states/counties can now be optionally enforced to choose.

GA: Google Analytics update.

Site Docs: Show/Hide titles.

Newsletter: Signup has reCaptcha.

Products: Dimensions are shown on the product details page.

Checkout: Now has a distinct button to go to back to the HomePage.

Archived