Previous Next Brian

Claudia M

Hey Brian

You made me a plugin for the previous next code you had created for me quite awhile back.  Thanks again for that.  Anyway, I created categories in my store "Listed on Etsy" and "Listed on eBay" obviously showing the items I have listed in those venues.  In Google WMT I get a lot of 404 errors because in the past I have deleted all information and photos about a product when I sell it.  I sell alot of vintage one off products.  Plus all my links in Social media would be dead.  Yesterday I created a Sold Products category ... keeping all the info and photos but moving the sold item to the sold products category when the product sells.  It is not visible but when someone, say, clicks on its link in Pinterest it will still go to that product and not get a 404 error page - though my 404 page is quite nice LOL. 

Back to the previous next plugin you created for me.  This morning I sold something in my Etsy shop so I moved that product to the "Sold Products" category, removing it from the "listed on etsy" category. I went to the URL of that product thru Pinterest and it showed correctly, however it has the previous button and when I click it I see the item I have listed on Etsy. Any way to keep this from happening  - Not just from the Etsy category - because I would assume this would happen if I moved the item from any category into the Sold Products category?

Thanks in advance Brian!

I think the only problem would be if:

* your store-front 'session' has found a list of products
* you re-assigned the products
* your store-front 'session' still has that same list

The store-front 'session' will lose the found list of products when CubeCart delivers a store-front page that is not a View Category page (or immediately following that, a View Product page).

But, if there is an unexpected behavior, we will find a fix.

Also just to clarify: you are choosing to "hide" the "sold" category as opposed to "disabling" it?

A hidden category can still be shown, provided that the visitor has its URL.

The link to that hidden category will be shown in the breadcrumbs, through which the visitor will be able to list all the products in the "sold" category.

Still, with this mod to the plugin, there should be no found list of products, thus no available Prev|Next links to show on product pages, where its primary category is "hidden".

Correct this is hidden.  I want the person to get to the page when they click the link on Social Media.  It is not disabled. The product I talked about in the first when I first submitted this topic shows sold products in the breadcrumb. However, when I click the previous button it shows etsy in the breadcrumb.

Here's the URL https://www.claudiasbargains.com/telephone-mid-century-bakelite-vintage-rotary-desk-phone.html

Unless the Prev|Next buttons are fairly well hidden, there aren't those links that I can see.

And this is understandable as I did not arrive at telephone-mid-century-bakelite-vintage-rotary-desk-phone.html from the View Category page. (Unless you have already uploaded the new file. Or, as is the case, that product is the only product in "Sold Products", thus no Prev|Next links.)

Dang this internet going out all the time!!!!!!  Ok this is weird.  This morning when I first checked this URL out it showed the previous button when I went thru Etsy and when I went by the URL in the address bar in Google. Yes I cleared the cache.  Now when I do the same there is no previous button that took me to the etsy category where it was originally listed.  It is the only item in the sold category. I'm going to make the change you sent me and check it out when the internet decides to stay on.  Thanks Brian

Archived