Product weight on invoice

kalyncomputers

Hi All,

Small problem with CC 6.2.2 concerning invoice printing.

Client is selling products by weight, e.g. 1Kg, 2Kg, 5Kg and 10Kg and by size, e.g. 16mm, 20mm, 24mm.

The customer must select a weight and a size to place an order. I have created an option set, all radio buttons, for the two options.

When a product is created, the option set is applied and the prices and weights are added, all the prices are absolute.

He gets an order, the order summary is correct in that it shows the weight of each product ordered and the quantity.

However, when he prints an invoice, the weight does not appear.

Since he uses the invoice to pack the goods his staff don't know what weight the customer has ordered.

Is there a setting in the Admin side that I have missed? I have had a really good look and can't see anywhere that this can be turned on or off.

I have discovered that if the customer prints his own invoice, the weight IS printed on the invoice.

TIA for any help or thoughts of what I can do to sort this out.

Tim

"The customer must select a weight and a size"

The rest of your post makes no mention of the size, a chosen option, being displayed. Please let us know if the size is also missing from the admin's printed "Order Invoice".

Also, please let us know if this store's admin has made any edits to the print invoice. That is, use an external database manager to view the contents of the CubeCart database table CubeCart_invoice_template.

If there are no records in this table, then the admin has not used the built-in invoice template editor, and CubeCart will then use the admin template file orders.print.php.

If there is a record in this table, then the admin has made an edit (saved, even if there were no changes), and this bug comes into play:

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2138

The effect of this bug is that only the last option of all the options chosen for this item will get shown.

Let us know if you need detailed instructions on how to fix the databased template.

In the meantime, we need to ask if you have created custom Product Codes in the Options Matrix table. The custom code should shown next to the item's general name, such as:
1 × Test Product #2B (TESA32B-5)

where the -5 is my indication of this particular option combination. Thus, even with no listed or erroneously listed options, the warehouse jockies can pick from the correct bin.

Hi,

To clarify, a product is listed with 2 options,weight and size.

The weight is what determines the price, the size does not affect the price, the customer must accept the defaults OR choose a different weight and or size.

So, for instance: Product 1 is available in 1Kg, 2 Kg, 5Kg or 10K - default is 1Kg, size options are 16mm, 20mm, 24mm, the default size is 16mm.

He chooses 2Kg of 20mm.

The order summary shows both the weight and the size.

The invoice shows the Size but NOT the Weight.

No edits have been made to any code, anywhere. Nor has any code been looked at with any editor or viewer.

No custom product codes have been used, in fact virtually no product codes are used in thne store.

The only extensions that have been added are: French & Dutch Language, Paypal Standard and All In One Shipping.

Hope that is reasonably clear

Tim

Invoice.gif

Summary.gif

Hi,

Problem solved!

I was wrong, the invoice had been edited and it was only when I installed a fresh copy on a spare domain that I managed to track it down. Turned out that the client had edited the invoice and removed the {$STORE.country}.

So a restore to default (thanks Al for having that option!) and all is well again. And thanks to Bsmither for pointing me in the right direction. You gotta love CC and the guys on this forum.

Tim

Archived