Upgrade v3.0.20 to v6.2.2

TDLWebs

Hi,

I am planning on upgrading a site from 3.0.20 to 6.2.2 very soon following the instructions at https://support.cubecart.com/knowledgebase/article/View/231/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v3-to-v6. The site is currently running on PHP 5.3.29 but the latest version of Cubecart won't work with this.

My question is: Will it work if I delete the files and folders, upload the new Cubecart and then update my PHP version so I can run the installer?

Any help or tips would be gratefully received.

T

16 minutes ago, TDLWebs said:

My question is: Will it work if I delete the files and folders, upload the new Cubecart and then update my PHP version so I can run the installer?

That is fine as long as you follow the upgrade instructions which you have mentioned and dont delete ALL files.  Go for PHP 7.2 straight away.  You are aware that obviously any / all mods will be lost and you will need a new skin

Ok, thanks for that. Yes, I'm aware of the mods and skin upgrade. Thankfully the store isn't heavily modded and only has a product display order mod installed which I think is included by default in version 6.

I'll get my lucky rabbit's foot out, cross my fingers and give it a go one evening this week.

If you have the facility/space, then I'd be tempted to recreate a copy of your v3 site on another domain space, get this working before doing anything else.

Streamline and document your technique, then do a dummy run of your V6 upgrade.

You can do this as many times as you like until you are happy with the process before going live.

I'm lucky in the respect that I have my own dedicated server, and a handful of spare domain names

Archived