Saving any changes from Store Settings = Crash

Will H

Hello Everyone -

First I want to say how much I appreciate the information I have been reading on these forums. I ran cubecart v3.x and 4.x (non paid) versions years ago for 2 tiny online stores I setup. I learned to do it from scratch-

Now, I have setup CC 6.22 and reset it many times as I make mistakes and learn. I had my store working 4 hours ago, right after getting Paypal working finally (yay).

Now, I experienced the "Duplicate database entries" after my site crashed playing with getting email settings working with ssl (kept getting error 220 as many on here have mentioned)

I managed to work my way through using PhPmyAdmin, as instructed on here, and delete the duplicate structures and validating the log no longer showed errors. I then clearned cache and tested the two functions I knew would crash again, prior to these database edits -- Store Settings Advanced > any changes/non changes and as soon as I hit "Save" Kapow - Site was reset, Not secure warning, no reponse and usualy takes about 1m 20 seconds or so to reset and let me back to admin page (or site homepage).

After doing the database edits, it fixed that problem - for now.

I started playing with email settings and skins, tried several skins and everything seemed to be working. Then I tried NoodlemanV6 and Crosshatch. I notcied Noodlemanv6 did not update the logo to my store logo, and kept his original logo (intentional?). I also noticed crosshatch had some formatting errors and txt overlapping, so I went to crosshatch, saved changes. All OK.

Crosshatch wasn't suitable for be, some overlapping so I went to change back to foundation - boom. Crash.) From this point on no matter shat I try to "Save" from the Advanced page, it crashed the store. When it recovers, I go back and check the database tab and it DOES NOT have orange errors, as previously resolved.

Help! I don't know what to do from this point. (I should have left it alone).

Looking forward to hearing from y'all!

Will H. (www.xgeeks.ca)

Welcome Will H! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The time delay could be the time it takes the server to notice that PHP has crashed and restarts it. (Someone may come along shortly to say an operating environment setup this way isn't being used so much anymore.)

Let's create the error_log and see what clues may be revealed.

Thanks bsmither for a very quick reply.

I have attached the errorlog-

UPDATE: I just was able to change my skin, and it refreshed immediately (like normal) and I also changed my mail send function - to php and it also refreshed and updated correctly.  I suspected php was crashing and reloading on the server - so I asked my host to check and they said everything was ok, and he couldn't see any problems with php or anything else on their side (GoDaddy).  - I did this before reaching out here.

So as of now, my store seems to be working again properly. So much work to do, so little coffee. :)

Will

error_log

9 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Nothing unusual in the error log.

Thank you. I think I have discovered a clue. I have CC installed in a sub-folder, the idea being I was creating a landing page later to point to CC. I used a redirect in my cPanel to redirect www. and / requests for my domain to the correct CC subfolder (was meant to be a temporary means to an end).

I had re-initialized my hosting a couple days ago, to make sure I didn't have any stray/unused configs from old attempts for CC. I noticed I had CC folders in my root folder anyway, Paypal was one of them, and skins, etc. All of these folders should have been in my CC subfolder, since thats where I installed my store. Correct?

I decided to clone my CC install to my root folder for the time being, using cPanel Installatron Clone. It seems to work well.

I went back just now and checked and my redirect was not listed in my cPanel, but all web requests from 3 different browsers were still pointing to the old CC subfolder. (which I renamed just to help troubleshoot)

When I tried to type the full path in the browser sometimes it would work, sometimes not. Cleared cache, blah blah. Same.

Then I used a virtual machine that has never connected to my domain and it found the redirect to the sub folder. ???? How??

I had the idea this has been causing random performance and freezes if CC can't find my install correctly.(a hosting issue?) I should point out I also had mods and skins in my CC folder, but they did not match what I was also seeing in the root folder.

I re-added the redirect in my cPanel, saved, and immediately deleted it.

Immediately my site came up in offline mode, from the root folder. I think that got it.

I would imagine that random performance on my hosting has caused CC to install things incorrectly at random.

Is what I am suggesting possible?

Will

On 10/12/2018 at 2:13 PM, bsmither said:

Someone will be by shortly to make comments on server environments.

I am happy to announce I have my Windows environment going with WAMP and a fresh cubecart 622 installed and FINALLY reconnected to my DB!.

What was wrong?

1. Random issue with EasyPhp Dev Server 17 (my own doing I am sure) <-- phpMyAdmin and a bad database/user accounts after multiple imports/users

a.) EasyPHP is awesome, but the current version fell short of cubecart's needs.  (by default)

It had PHP 7.1.3, and no curl support. I found out must later after installing PHP 7.2.11 and 7.3RC4. (I got curl working, but it took some doing as I was learning!)

b.) Apache 2.4.25 was the current version, so I installed 2.4.35 x86 and x64 (never got x64 fully working) that there was some issue  with phpMYadmin 4.8.3 (I installed)

so my database imports/user accounts never seemed to line up with correct permissions.

I abandoned EasyPhp and thought I would give Wamp a go -round. (I am sure EasyPHP will work well, I just got diverted on many upgrades before I could start testing my CC.)

c.) During installation I was specifying the PREFIX incorrectly. I saw the records as cc_cubecart_blahblah_table  I had incorrectly identified the prefix as cc_cubecart_.

The correct prefix for these database entries was   cc_ .  <--- this is why my successful connections previously didn't

2. Wamp installed right up, did my database import in less than 5 minutes. User was finally showing the correct permissions.

a.) Installed a fresh copy of CC622 in subfolder, it connected to DB instantly, and when finished I logged in Admin and saw my orders/customers/products etc..

A few more steps and I was up and running!

1. Manually copy " images " folder and overwrite all factory files inside. - Product images showed up as expected

2. Manually copy "  modules " folder and overwrite all factory files - Extensions all showed up.

So far so good.

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY! :)

Edit: I have noticed a few funny characters, in some of the descriptions - I am looking in to this.

Archived