Images are not visible in the file list

Antonw.com

After I migrated my shop (latest version) to another host the images I upload when creating a new product does not
get set as images/thumbnails for the product and the images not show in the file list/picker file.
They do show in the file list when I go into admin - Images and Update File List.

Does anyone know what it might be problem with the images not showing in the file list when creating the a new product?

Thanks for any advises!

• 2 months later...

This could be the cause -- PHP is running out of time to create the list for the FilePicker.

In admin, PHP Info, scroll to the Core table and find "max_execution_time". It will probably be 30 in the middle column.

Please create the error log (https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/51550-how-to-create-the-error-log/). This will also change how much time PHP is allowed to run to 60 seconds. If this still doesn't get you a list, try increasing the timeout value.

Then, when you have free time, in admin, Images, start moving files into subfolders.

It's still not working after increasing the time to "60", but I got some information from error-log page as below

[15-Jan-2019 12:48:36 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Error: Hook 'directory/hooks/admin.product.pre_display.php' was not found in /home/epochhat/public_html/shop/classes/hookloader.class.php on line 288
[15-Jan-2019 12:48:37 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Error: Hook 'directory/hooks/admin.navigation.php' was not found in /home/epochhat/public_html/shop/classes/hookloader.class.php on line 288

There is a Developer Tools Suite in the (Firefox and most other) browsers, which can be used to show the ALAX request to your store for the list.

The Network tab of the Tools will show what was requested and what was returned -- if anything.

Since we are not seeing an error message logged saying that PHP ran out of time, we might want to start looking elsewhere for the missing list of images.

Archived