Different % discount on a per customer basis?

fixingsfactory

The easiest way is this:

https://www.noodleman.co.uk/discount-price-tiers-module.html

setup a single tier with a min price of 0.01 and use a customer group to manage the % that customer can get. IE setup a customer group for 10% discount, then add that customer to the group and setup a 10% discount tier for that group.

However, you can also do it using customer groups, but it would mean you need to manually maintain the prices for each product and customer group. 

3 minutes ago, fixingsfactory said:

Ah i see, ok this may be the way to go then.

Is there any way i can see this in operation? I want to make sure myself and colleagues can use it quite easily

Sure, you can install the module and try it out. it will work in a demo mode for a week without any limits, a try before you buy mode :)

I have uploaded the files to my cc install and cannot find it anywhere in the admin side, do i need to activate it somehow?
Its not showing as a plugin/extension either although the noodleman skin is visible but blanks the site out if i activate it.

Does this not have a token install?

Did you manually upload the files using FTP?

It should have gone into /modules/plugins directory, with the final path being /modules/plugins/price_tiers

once in that directory, you should see it from the admin area under the "manage extensions" list. 

Ok i have installed the extension, it required that i installed something called ion cube, which i have done too. Now i cannot access my admin panel, getting an error:

Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.

delete the module for the moment. Check the version of IonCube you have installed from the admin area (php info), you can search the page for IonCube.

Also, please confirm your PHP version?

There are different versions available based on PHP version, see here:

https://www.noodleman.co.uk/downloads.html#price_tiers

If you have an old version of IonCube installed, then I may need to send you a special version which will work with older versions. 

1 hour ago, fixingsfactory said:

Php version is 7.1, i have just had my hosting provider tech support install the latest version of ion cube but it still shows the error.
I have now deleted the plugin and everything has come back.

http://www.fixingsfactory.co.uk/info.php

Full stats there ^^ if it helps any?

Ade.

Ioncube isn't listed as installed there. 

1 hour ago, fixingsfactory said:

I am assured by technical support that it is installed?

I have no idea how to physically check though, the folder is on the server if that helps?

ionCube would be listed in a section under phpinfo and it clearly isnt so your hosting technical support may have done something but it certainly isnt installed correctly.  Why hosting companies dont install this by default at a server level is beyond me - we always install it on every single server we commission

4 hours ago, fixingsfactory said:

I am assured by technical support that it is installed?

I have no idea how to physically check though, the folder is on the server if that helps?

It's possible they have partially set it up, but may require a restart of a service for it to start to work. Who provides your hosting? some companies provide instructions on how to enable it with their control panel if they don't enable it by default. Most who offer this feature have it documented somewhere in a support knowledge base. I'll see if I can track it down for you if required.

When IonCube is enabled, there is a section in the php info page which says "powered by IonCube"

image.png

image.png

Archived