Help Desk CC6 Plugin Show 404 - Page Not Found

RPDC

Hello, really like my CubeCart!

I recently purchased the Help Desk CC6 plugin. It all appears to have installed fine. The Help tab shows but when I click the Submit button for a new Help Ticket it goes to this page and shows this error message:

404 - Page Not Found

Sorry but the page you are looking for could not be found.

Here is the link in the URL bar: http://www.rollerpigeon.com/index.php?_a=submit_ticket

I been trying to figure it out but stumped and now I ask the experts! 😉

Thank you all in advance!

Tony

I apologize for placing this in the wrong forum - Moderators, can I ask it to be moved to the correct one? Technical forum?? TY

Still trying to figure it out. 🤨

Is it possible some line is set to look in the wrong folder/location?? There was early confusion on my part about where the modules should be loaded to: either Shop folder or in the main program file folder. Is this possible and if so where can I find the relevant file and what line might need to be redirected?? Any help is appreciated!

Tony

A 404 is a response from the web server. There is a directive in CubeCart's .htaccess file that says to use the store's index.php script. CubeCart, when building the page to show, will notice the server's status (404) and will build a special 404 page (depending on the version of CubeCart you are using).

So, the message you see -- is it a CubeCart page, or is it a plain text page you would typically see from a web server that indicates the requested object (html document, image, javascript file, etc) really could not be found?

The URL you gave us is in a standard-format that CubeCart 6 should be able to use. The plugin should have used a hook (again, the existence of this hook is dependent on the CubeCart version) to have CubeCart recognize submit_ticket.

bsither, thank you for the response and your comments! I included a screenshot which shows the error happening within a CubeCart page. Have the latest version of CubeCart installed: v6.2.2

I am checking to make sure all the files uploaded properly for the Help mod.

Thank you again!

Tony

ErrorInCubeCartPage.jpg

You should probably log a ticket with the plugin author - this is a third party commercial plugin and the author doesnt help out on these forums and while others will try and help if they can, the author should help you directly.  If you installed using the thunderbolt mechanism from the marketplace, then it should all install correctly but if for some reason you installed manually, then *usually* plugins are installed into the modules/plugins directory

Archived