Uploading from "localhost" server to webhost "Godaddy"

Will H

Thanks to this post from Bsmither Posted November 10, 2014

I see 'localhost' as the database host, and 'g8f9x9j5_sitemovetest' as the database name. I also see 'cubecart_config' as the table name.

I am going to ask that you give some thought to what kind of operating system your account is being hosted on. Please be aware that with some operating systems. lettercase does not matter, meaning that similarly spelled names (or the database, table, column, filename, whatever) that differ only with uppercase and lowercase letters are treated the same. Most every other operating system is very much lettercase-aware.

So, I see you pulled up the table name cubecart_config, yet CubeCart is asking for CubeCart_config. You may need to rename all the tables so that CubeCart has the capitol 'C' letters. Or, if you still have the SQL file you used to restore the database, load it into a programmer's text editor and find all the 'cubecart' sequences and replace them with 'CubeCart' sequences.

I can understand how this could have happened. Dumping the database to a SQL file from Windows would most likely have generated all-lowercase names. "

I was able to get my localhost created website/content uploaded and re-linked to my SQL hosted database successfully;  after hours of mucking about and several different errors.

NOTE: If you are exporting/backing up from a local Windows host, it will export tables in all lowercase, and upon re-uploading to my server (I manually extracted cubecart and installed it) the cubecart install is looking for CubeCart (not cubecart).

Thanks for this old, yet excellent post Bsmither.

Archived