Sales Report

Mike

Unfortunately, as of CC622, regarding the price, only the price at which it sold is recorded.

That price being regular price, sale price, bulk price discount, member group price, or product specific coupon discount price -- it is simply what it sold for.

(This would be an excellent candidate for a feature request. Need to use the bug tracker because the feature tracker is not online.)

Thanks for your feed back bsmither. Yet again. lol#

I will log it.

Would there be a way to write to a Sales Table - Date, Product, Sold Price, Cost Price & Customer Name at he time of sale as a fix for the time being?

Or would this take a lot of coding?

Mike

We can either modify the CubeCart_inventory table to also record the Cost Price, or create a separate table. (An upgrade will not destroy the additional column(s) to the existing table.)

Making sure that the Cost Price data is available to be recorded at the time of sale is trivial.

That's brilliant bsmither. 
This needs to be incorporated along with the advanced reporting. 
I can work with this and get the profit margins from each sale by reports from sql. 
I have tested it and it works perfect. 
As far as hooks go... I've read the link, but it lost me. I know the principle now and I agree it would be better so an update doesn't effect it but I wouldn't know where to start. 

Just one other thing, when I was testing your code changes, I wanted to know at what point it creates the transaction in the order inventory table.  
Why does the checkout system asks you to complete your order after payment has been done? 
Why does it ask that? 
Has payment been made at that point if so why ask you to click to complete payment? At that point you have been passed back from eg. paypal. 
The order is still in the system even if you don't click on the button to complete it and click on the home button. 
Just wondered why it asks? 
Thank you again for that coding and changes for the cost price you're a star. 

Mike

Archived