No index page after install complete?

Hey all,

Ok i have performed a clean install on a new server, the installation is in a sub folder rather than set as the main site.

Once the install completes i can go into the admin panel, but if i try access the store front i get "unable to handle the request http 500 error"

Then i try go back to the admin side and that vanishes too with the same error, although all the files are there on the server and there is no fault when installing.

Puzzling!
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Ade.

2 hours ago, fixingsfactory said:

Yes there is a .htaccess file, not sure about mod_rewrite is that something i can check or do i need to ask the hosting provider?

Ok update, mod_rewrite is enabled

500 suggests PHP error. pull your web server error log (From hosting) and check for errors. Also check if you have "CURL" enabled in "php info" I've seen this break things before as well.

After long winded conversations with the hosts tech support neither of us have been able to sort it, i even went to the extent of creating a new domain and installing at the root and still get the same error, CURL is enabled too.

http://portal.deltaleigh.co.uk/info.php

This shows the full info for the server if anyone can make head or tail of it?

Thanks,

Ade.

And this is the error log:

[31-Oct-2018 15:04:20 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  unlink(/home/delta/portal.deltaleigh.co.uk/setup) [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.unlink.php'>function.unlink.php</a>]: No such file or directory in /home/delta/portal.deltaleigh.co.uk/admin_FxMz6d/sources/dashboard.index.inc.php on line 60
[31-Oct-2018 15:04:29 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /home/delta/portal.deltaleigh.co.uk/classes/seo.class.php on line 1027
[31-Oct-2018 15:05:13 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /home/delta/portal.deltaleigh.co.uk/classes/seo.class.php on line 1027
[31-Oct-2018 15:07:33 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /home/delta/portal.deltaleigh.co.uk/classes/seo.class.php on line 1027
[31-Oct-2018 15:07:50 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /home/delta/portal.deltaleigh.co.uk/classes/seo.class.php on line 1027
[31-Oct-2018 15:14:37 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /home/delta/portal.deltaleigh.co.uk/classes/seo.class.php on line 1027

String enabled, it's now loading. Thanks Noodleman!
Still got a 404 on the main page though and its automatically adding the word "setup" between the domain and the index.php
Only get the 404 when it adds the "setup" word into the url.

SO its like domain.co.uk/setup/index.php, BUT only if you type just the domain.
If you type out the domain with index.php on the end it it loads normal.

Which is odd? Any idea what that's about?

Ade.

Only have the "setup" problem and to get rid sliders on the home page to figure and i'm ready to load it up and try it out!

Archived