Stop SPAMMERS/BOTS in contact us form

PietnLindy

The latest versions of CubeCart uses Google's reCaptcha V2 and Invisible V3. (You will need to fetch your own (free) reCaptcha Site Codes.)

Both have been worked around. That is, if a determined miscreant really wants to annoy you, those reCaptcha methods are not going to stop them.

That's not saying they won't work at all. They are very successful at pissing off some of your valid visitors/customers.

There is a request in the Github to implement a newer version of Google's reCaptcha.

6 hours ago, bsmither said:

The latest versions of CubeCart uses Google's reCaptcha V2 and Invisible V3.

Just to clarify - Invisible is not actually known as V3 - V3 is the recently released implementation that CubeCart doesnt yet support

6 hours ago, bsmither said:

That's not saying they won't work at all. They are very successful at pissing off some of your valid visitors/customers.

I have not heard of anyone being pissed off at sites using the Invisible method (as nobody but the most eagle-eyed customers will even realise that a reCaptcha is installed) and even V2 ("I am not a robot") isnt exactly troublesome.  Agreed that the older versions with re-arranging images or typing in text from poorly photographed house numbers, were a real PITA

Thank you for the clarifying comment.

In researching Google's reCaptcha (for a CubeCart site that is using it but still getting slammed with hundreds of bogus product reviews), I ran across forum postings by a few individuals (just a few I found, but who knows how many actually) that Google logged the the 'fingerprint' of these poor souls who tripped the Invisible reCaptcha and are now thwarted on ALL sites that use the Invisible reCaptcha - even those sites of their employers.

Just anecdotes and hearsay for the amusing enlightenment of our readers.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Can I clarify, is it better to use the invisible one over V2?

Personally I think it is - less intrusive for customers and the keys for Invisible work for V2 (not vice versa though).  You can see the Invisible working on our demo site https://www.cubecart-demo.co.uk  Your skin has to be coded to use both V2 and Invisible which current foundation is (as are our three skins) but most other skins arent

Archived