Edit submitted order

rnewcomer

First... Love CubeCart.  Ease of use and the helpful people here makes this package hands down the most user friendly "shopping cart".  Great job.

Now.... I have looked through the forum and am not finding exactly what I'm looking for.  Maybe someone has an idea or guidance toward a plugin / extension.  Is there any way for the "customer" to submit changes or edit an order that has already been placed?

Right now, customers will place an order then will go on with their lives. At a point later on, they realize that the omitted something from their order.  There doesn't seem to be a way to edit the submitted order.  They end up just sending an email in.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

Practically, only by having an existing "Shopping Basket" or Pending "Cart" - can the contents be changed by the customer.

Once the Basket becomes a Cart, it will show in the customer's account's page "Order History". The customer can "ReOrder" an order, even a Pending order (not yet paid for). This will reload the Cart contents back into the Shopping Basket.

I haven't explored the fine details of this as yet -- is this a new Shopping Basket not yet having a Cart_Order_Number? -- so, please make some of your own experiments.

A Basket becomes a Cart when it acquires a Cart Order Number (YYMMDD-HHMMSS-RRRR) during the first steps of Checkout.

Archived