newsletter ...

ChrisColeman

Hi,

I have just about finished a new skin (and replaced foundation CSS with CSS media queries) .

However I have a big issue making Newsletter un-subscriptions work.

I have replaced the recaptcha code with my own (clearing up whatever was there before) and that works correctly whenever needed.

I can make subscriptions work in all circumstances (user or guest), But I cannot seem to make unsubscribe work. I have seen other posts on this subject and wonder if the issue has been resolved.

Chris.

Do you get the messages and links you believe should be there when: the visitor is not logged in, and the email address being entered already exists?

The above scenario should show a warning message "Email address already subscribed. Continue if you wish to unsubscribe."

Or is your difficulty strictly with a logged-in user, and is currently subscribed, but the link shown is not to unsubscribe?

Or the link seems to be correct (/index.php?_a=newsletter&action=unsubscribe), but isn't doing what it should do?

Hi,

1) Firstly I had the "Email address already subscribed. Continue if you wish to unsubscribe." , as a javascript alert, this is now ok and I can unsubscribe at this point, but it now gives the guest user a choice.

2) There was a problem with 'subscribed (registered) users' attempting to 'unsubscribe' in that a big red 'you are not subscribed to out mailing list' error message appeared, but that is solved (hacked).

3. So the issue is , link seems to be correct (/index.php?_a=newsletter&action=unsubscribe), but isn't doing what it should do?

Actually it works in all circumstances except when used to unsubscribe a GUEST user, therefore if there was an unsubscribe URL which had an email address as part of the query sting I could use that instead, and use it as an unsubscribe link in newsletters.

--- Note that newsletter issues appear to exist with the foundation skin too, but I'm tired so will check again tomorrow.

There is something else I should tell you but as its a potential security issue maybe you can send me an email address ??

Chris.

The best choice of action is to submit a "ticket" to the "Sales Support" staff at:
https://support.cubecart.com/Tickets/Submit

Explain your concerns via this method. No actual technical assistance will be given in return, the information is kept out of the public view, and eventually an issue will be posted in the Github.

Archived